iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawing for Woody

Started by Tom, July 10, 2005, 12:37:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Rusty set me up with a customer of mine from many years ago.  They own property next to one another now.

It was hot and humid today.  Woody has dug himself a pond that is about 150 feet on a side.  It is 14 feet deep and the water is frigid.  The "help" took frequent breaks and 10 minute swims in the heat of the day.  It was a lot of fun and the kids enjoyed the sawmill and the pond.

Twelve or fourteen and they outworked all the big guys. :D

Furby

What is that he has for walls around the pond?
Looks like seawall?

Paul_H

Those boys are having a field day  8)

That bottom pic is really neat Tom.The kids in front with the equipment and the older guys in the background reminds me of an old B&W logging pic i have round here.

Okay,found it

Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Furby

The past becomes the present and the present becomes the past!
Pretty cool! 8)

Frank_Pender

Nice comparison picture, Paul.

Hey, Tom, I only see wooded handled cant hooks or pvs.  What gives? :D

As a distributor, I can special order for you, direct from the factory. 8) 8) 8)
Frank Pender

DanG

The more things change, the more they stay the same, eh? :) :) :)  Nice job, Tom & Paul! 8)

We do seem to have come a ways on the air pollution problem, though. ::) :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Tom

Thanks for offering, Frank, but, these folks down here would think I had gone Yuppy on them if I used a 'new' canthook. 

I have an inside with LogRite Tools, too.  DanG is my distributor.  The really good thing is that I can have an excuse to go to the Panhandle.  :D

Like DanG says, We got some clean air too. ;D

Furby,  Those metal panels are used for shoreing  when his company digs holes to work on infra-structure.   He is the maintenance manager of a company that works on interstate hiways.  I think a lot of his stuff is used or over-purchase on bidded jobs with the state.  I'm sure he gets the favored rate when the stuff is liquidated.

Furby

Thanks for the info Tom!
Been looking at ways to have a pond, and that would do the trick for me!

Thank You Sponsors!