iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

lt10 and a trailer

Started by rimshot, February 24, 2013, 07:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rimshot

Oh all right.  I've been so buy with the retrofit I have forgotten to get a log.  I have a few trees down on the back 40 but there is three feet of snow on the ground.  I do have some in my sites. 
The neighbor has some big Bam trees (poppel/aspen family...but huge).  They just may be a bit large for an LT10.  There are also some nice cedars down due to heavy snow and wind damage.  That bam should be good for a 12' CANT or bigger and they tell me it mjakes nice sheeting for a roof because you can drive a nai(at least if it is not completely air dried anyway) in it and it drys straight......sometimes.

rim
LT 10 with a 10 h.p. and a converted boat trailer to provide mobility for a once permanent mill.

dgdrls

Really nice job rimshot,
you even have room on the sides to build log ramp tie downs!!

Now we need to see some posts of it being moved and sawn on.

DGDrls

rimshot

Thanks dgdrls,

No doubt this  always be a work in progress.  For example:

that tongue weight can be very heavy.  But it is one thing easily remedied by simply rolling the motor head back or forward.  I currently estimate about 100 pounds of tongue weight.  Initially it was heavier but I simply rolled the motor head back and drilled a 3/8" hole to lock the rollerized motorhead and pinned the unit in place for traveling down the road.

I also need to provide a non sawdust filling box to provide for a handy resting place for things  log dogs. tools and blade compartment sawdust removers

rimshot
LT 10 with a 10 h.p. and a converted boat trailer to provide mobility for a once permanent mill.

Thank You Sponsors!