iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pig Roast Travels

Started by Magicman, July 30, 2016, 05:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

I would invite everyone to share their Pig Roast Travels.  I know that there are several like us that include several side trips prior to or following the PG.  Post them up here and share.   :)

We have been on the road since Wednesday.  We spent Wednesday night in Sikeston, MO, and ate at Lamberts.

The home of the "throwed rolls".

From there we headed sorta North and are now in Holland, MI.  This is an amazing place with it's heritage from the Netherlands.

Many flowers, and of course an authentic windmill that was bought, disassembled, and transported here.

We went inside and climbed to the top to view the inner workings.

And the wooden gears.

The girls wearing Dutch costumes danced.

We toured "Big Red" lighthouse.

And enjoyed a nice prime rib meal.

We will head toward Birch Run tomorrow.   
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

tule peak timber

persistence personified - never let up , never let down

Savannahdan

Ah Sikeston, I grew about 14 miles East of there.  Haven't eaten at Lamberts in years.  A brother of the owner of Lamberts worked for my family managing a grocery store.  He got smart and left to open a fabric store.  He made a very wise move.  He was always friendly and helpful to his customers.  Travel safe.
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

timberlinetree

Neat pic! I like those wooden gears! Thanks for sharing and have a fun safe trip.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Roxie

Thank you Magicman!  The pictures are great for those of us trapped at home.  I'm traveling vicariously with you and Pat.  :)
Say when

Carson-saws

Looks like a lot of great places.  The Holland Mill is real fun.  The history alone is amazing especially how they built and made the thing work.  Did they show you the bullet holes in the walls?  I am not sure which way you are going to take to get to Harrison, BUT if you have the chance go to Potosky to a place called "LEGGS"  it is a very neat place, great food, and they have the large binoculars that allow you to see 3 lighthouses.  Hope you continue to have a fantastic time and equally a safe trip.  Enjoy the roast Sir. 
Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

Corley5

Leggs Inn is north of Petoskey and Harbor Springs, both are very picturesque, on M 119 in Cross Village.  The wood work in the Inn is absolutely unique.  M 119 also known as The Tunnel of Trees" is well worth the drive and has been voted best scenic drive in the state.  It's very popular with motorcyclists.  I like it best during the fall color season. As long as you're in that area the trees of the Colonial Point Preserve east of Brutus are worth a look too  8) 8)  We live 18 miles S.E. of the Petoskey City Limits.
  Safe travels everyone :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Magicman

I never can resist looking at old cars.    ;)

How about this bacon burger at Tony's in Birch Run.  :o   food6
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bark Beetle

Now that's a bacon burger!! digin_2
You don't work wood, you work with wood.

Magicman

Tony's serves 11,000 pounds of bacon each week!!

Corley5

Their strawberry shortcakes are impressive ;D :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

WmFritz

Quote from: Corley5 on July 31, 2016, 09:03:05 PM
Their strawberry shortcakes are impressive ;D :)

So are the banana splits.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Carson-saws

Magicman....TONYS!!...you hit an ICON Sir.   definitely a " heart attack on a plate"   and sooooo good.
Sounds to me you are enjoying some of the MANY great things to see and do here in Michigan.  Keep on keepin on Sir.
Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

Magicman

Alas, there are only two of us so we did not try the deserts.   :o

Tony's breakfast.  I have never needed breakfast "to go" boxes. 

That is a full pound of bacon.   :o

We did spend some time in Frankenmuth, a town settled by Germans in the mid 1800's.

Many flowers and unusual architecture.

They have a covered bridge.

As seen from the river.

Just pretty.

I flunked Flowers 101.  I said that this was a Chicken Flower.

We are getting closer to Harrison.  Kawkawlin tomorrow.   move_it     

tree-farmer

I think MM is in training for some serious pig pickin, maybe a good idea to be ahead of him in the serving line...
Have enjoyed you sharing your pictures of travels, wish I could make up there.
Old doesn't bother me, its the ugly that's a real bummer.

gww

Watch it magic, you may end up with your own travel show on public tv and not have time to cut boards any more.
Cheers
gww

bates

MM, I dare you to visit Frankenmuth in the winter, during ice sculpture tome :D

GAB

What I can't understand is Lynn has a mill with a seat so he does not walk with it, frequently goes traveling and has these humongus meals and is as skinny as a  40' rail.  Something just ain't right and I cant put my head around it.
From some of the pictures he has posted to my way of thinking he should weigh 400pounds +/- a score or two.
Gerald.
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

WDH

Quote from: tree-farmer on August 01, 2016, 06:18:45 PM
I think MM is in training for some serious pig pickin

That man carries a mean knife.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

OK, desert and ice, I think that we properly handled both of them.

Hers was Strawberry, mine was Buttered Pecan.   cone_1

Yup Danny, I am packing that John Neeman knife.   ;D

WDH

See, I told you he packed a mean knife. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

You need a knife for Butter Pecan?  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

jmouton

yup  ,  toni s is the place to go  yum yum ,  we go there from time to time ,  we are only a hour or so from there ,,  we dont have much in the way of our travels magicman ,  we are only about 3 hrs from harrison,mi .  pretty boring drive up 23 then 75 ,  see you there ,,,

jim
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

Hilltop366

Magicman

Northwoods Wholesale Outlet is a great place to visit.  We are now parked on the shore of Lake Huron in Pinconning.

Thank You Sponsors!