iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Belsaw guide roller wheels-update

Started by Joe Lallande, May 02, 2009, 07:36:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Lallande

The guide roller wheels on my M-14 Belsaw log carriage are worn. Are these parts still avialable? Thank you, Joe Lallande, Alpena, MI.

Over this weekend, I tried to pull the log carriage by hand in order to see why the rollers were binding.  The steel angle iron welded on top of the frame was full of rust between the two pieces. This saw was outside for 10 years before I bought it last fall. At some seams the angle had expanded 1/16".  This oversize area was binding the rollers and allowing the carriage to ride up. I took a die grinder and cut the spot welds from the entire outside piece, sanded the rust away and re welded.  The carriage works fine now and I only need one wheel.

uncle kenn

contact timberking, they may still have some in stock left over from the days that they sold the Belsaw mills.

bandmiller2

Joe,if their not available from the manuf.anyone with a metal lathe could make you some.I think their just made from round stock with a groove cut to ride on the angleiron ways.Never had one apart but they probibly have needle bearings.Take one to a local high school or trade school with a machine shop, instructors like real world projects for the students.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Chico

You may be able to go to motion and see if they have any trunion bearings which make good roller guides
Chico
My Daughter My sailor MY HERO God Bless all the men and Women fighting for us today If you see one stop and thank them

Thank You Sponsors!