iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A backwards chainsaw?

Started by customsawyer, December 16, 2007, 08:25:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

customsawyer

I was looking at the Sawmill and Woodlot mag. the other day and noticed the chainsaw on the cover has the bar on the wrong side. I was wondering if this is a left handed chainsaw or is it a trick in the photo?
Jake
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

sprucebunny

Well look at that !

Must be because it's south of the equator  :D
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

sawguy21

:D :D :D McCulloch made left hand chainsaws at one time but somebody probably flipped the negative when printing that cover.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Mooseherder

In that article by Donald Harby in Sawmill and Woodlot magazine the photos were by James King. I think this may be Forum member Jim King. Very interesting operation over there.

customsawyer

I thought it was a great read with lots of info but with the cover pic. I was starting to think I might need to get my eyes checked. ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

sprucebunny

The pic just inside the cover , the saw is like that, too.

I noticed that Jim King was the photographer. Way to go  8)
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Wallys World

Yep, some how the picture got flipped when it was printed. Being in the printing industry, that does happen from time to time. If you look at the cover you can see just a part of a backwards "S" on the bar and on the clutch cover your can just make out "Stihl" backwards. At least it was the right photo. Seen that happen too.

Nice job Jim K. on the photos!
Wood-Mizer LT28G25, Wood-Mizer EG10 Edger, Wallenstein Timber Talon log loader trailer, Wallenstein GX640 wood splitter, Wallenstein WP835 Fire Wood Processor, Kubota BX 22 TLB, JD 445, JD Gator, Home made arch, Stihl 024 Super, MS251, MS311, MS440 Magnum & MS660.

jim king

Yes the story is about us.  The lady who did the cover flipped the slide to get the title in the right place and we have a left handed chain saw.  I told her the same thing that everything South of the Equator is backwards so dont worry about it.  We hope to do another story with them and in March PBS will be here to film our company for the American Woodworker series.  Don was here studying our operation and wrote about it when he got home and they accepted it.  Nice people to work with.

Jim King

fuzzybear

I never met a tree I didn't like!!

customsawyer

Great job on the story Jim, it is really neat to learn that not everything is better with the new modern way. Some of us still like the ole style of doing things. I know to some that using a chainsaw isn't a ole style but I think what I should have said is man power versus machine.  ;D ;D ;D 8) ;D
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Thank You Sponsors!