iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Good seat covers?

Started by ohsoloco, October 14, 2009, 07:34:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohsoloco

Hopefully in a day or so I'll be bringing home my new (to me) truck  :)  Only two things I don't really care for about it is that it's an automatic, and it has leather seats.  Leather seats are fine, but I have an 85 pound dog that likes to ride everywhere with me.  I fear for these seats. 

Does anyone have any suggestions for good seat covers that will keep dog claws from tearing up the leather  ???

Don K

I see advertisements for seat covers on the outdoor channel for covers called superhides. Form fitting, waterproof, dog toenail resistant, can be taken off and washed in the washing machine. Comes in an array of colors plus camo. I've been thinking about a set. Superhides.com I think.

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

ohsoloco

Thanks, Don, I'll check them out.  Found a few doing a google search, but it's hard to tell how resilient they are just from a picture or description.

Just checked it out, and they're located at marathonseatcovers.com    Not bad, they're sized exactly for your specific vehicle, and they're not terribly expensive. 

Ironwood

Marathon is THE way to go. I have seen several of their products in service AWSOME. I would have pulled the trigger myself but found a nice seat in a scrap yard for half the money and while not velor, its NICE.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

ErikC

I put a set of neoprene covers from cabelas, then a set of the velour type that pretty much looks like the seats from the factory over that. It is waterproof this way, and you don't have to sit on the neoprene. I have worn out the driver top cover, but under the neoprene the actual seat is like new, almost 250,000 later. I got the neoprene at cabelas.
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

sprucebunny

I got Marathon covers for my 4runner. They fit perfect, are easy to install and are tough. Made of 500 denier cloth.
They don't seem waterproof so you may want something under them to protect from the dog.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

moonhill

Duck Tape, you may have to bump up on it, right here on the forum.

Tim
This is a test, please stand by...

pappy19

Another Marathon Seat Cover fan, made right here in the good old USA in Bozeman, Montana.

www.marathonseatcovers.com
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

ohsoloco

Picked up the truck this morning  :)  After I got home we (the dog and I...she was really fired up after being left behind the first time) had to run an errand, so I threw some blankets in the back seat.  It was, aaaaah, a little bit slippy for her  :D  She didn't like being in the back seat either, she always rode shotgun with me in the other truck.

Woodchuck53

Morning Loco, sew some tye strings on a horse blanket and secure it to the springs under the seat on his side and that will do it. Been fine for my cur dog for 3 years now.
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

ohsoloco

Do the marathon seat covers also have a cover for the middle console  ???  I know on the website they want exact model decription, as well as every detail about console and seats.  Problem is, the dog jumps in on my seat and crosses over to the passenger seat.  Plus, she doesn't sit still, it's back and forth pacing in the seat (makes me ant-sy when she does that a lot).  Wish I would've put her in one of those seat belt harnesses when she was a pup...don't know if it would work this late in the game  :-\  Even when she's in the back seat she's always putting her paws/claws on the console when I put on the brakes unless I really ease into the stop. 

beenthere

ohso
Dogs are trainable. Sounds like that would solve your problem.  ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!