iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

jd 550 dozer

Started by coxy, June 08, 2017, 06:45:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

has anyone done brake bands in one  if so do they come out the top  and does a straight 550 have wet or dry steering clutches

snowstorm

looking at the parts book its like i said. looks like a 450. it shows the hose so its wet. comes out thru the top. so everything has to come off

coxy

thanks not looking forward to this job

doghunter

check all the linkageand adjustment before you tear into them. they hardly ever wear out if they are in oil.i learned this the hard &expensive  way

snowstorm

what dose it do? if that hose breaks it would not steer

BurkettvilleBob

Yeah Coxy, what are the symptoms? I'm debating the same going on my 450.

coxy

its doing all most the same as yours but this wont even steer cause the brake wont lock up just makes a hell of grinding noise when pulling the on the brake adjusted it 3 times in a week and new something was not right then there was no more adjusting had the same thing happen on my 350c about 6-7 years ago it was good then it went to crap  ::) :)

BurkettvilleBob

Hmm, well after you do yours come on down and fix mine would ya.

coxy

ok   I get 8.00 a pound for every heavy piece of metal over 1 pound  6.50 a bolt 5.80 a nut 4.60 a washer 11.00 a inch for linkages 9.00 a piece for cotter pins  200.00 a ounce for grease and dirt and 1000.00 for every piece of missing skin and last 5000.00 a minute for aggravation   my prices my seem high but its quality work   when do you want me to start :D :D :D :D :D

newoodguy78

Those prices sound pretty reasonable compared to a dealer  :D

coxy

wouldn't you know it I screwed my self I forgot to charge travel time oh well a deal is a deal  ;D

BurkettvilleBob

Can I pay you in beer?

lopet

Quote from: coxy on June 10, 2017, 07:21:34 AM
5000.00 a minute for aggravation   

So you really wanna keep up with the big boys. :)
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

Thank You Sponsors!