iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Vermeer Chippers.

Started by BargeMonkey, September 24, 2015, 10:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BargeMonkey

I should have waited but you know how it goes when buying equipment.  :D  has anyone had much time around Vermeer brand chippers ? The guy stuffed 2 good sized pieces of hemlock into it and it didn't even know it. Not a monster but big enough for what I'm doing. 18" with the perkins, very good shape.   

Bandmill Bandit

Vermeer builds good iron from my experience.

They started out in Saskatchewan about 40 ish years ago and I think that is where they still manufacture a lot of thier stuff.

In this country CN, Fortis and most of the tree service guys run Vermeer. I really don't think I have seen any thing else for a very long time. Same goes for stump grinders.

A friend of mine has one that will grind an 8 inch log with out hardly a grunt. Has over 7000 hours on it last time I saw it about 3 months ago.

Heres the web site.

http://www.vermeercanada.com/

Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

Wallys World

I have a small one the BC625a. I bought it new in 2002. It has been a very well built unit with no trouble at all. Good machines, good dealer network.
Wood-Mizer LT28G25, Wood-Mizer EG10 Edger, Wallenstein Timber Talon log loader trailer, Wallenstein GX640 wood splitter, Wallenstein WP835 Fire Wood Processor, Kubota BX 22 TLB, JD 445, JD Gator, Home made arch, Stihl 024 Super, MS251, MS311, MS440 Magnum & MS660.

brendonv

I don't care for their hand fed line. The vertical feed wheel will send crooked tops all over the place side to side. Pesky green safety buttons, needless electronics, and proprietary parts.
"Trees live a secret life only revealed to those that climb them"

www.VorioTree.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vorio-Tree-Experts-LLC/598083593556636

coxy

we rented a 12in one last year and when they say 12in it will chip a 12in some of the others say 12in and has trouble at 8-10 if I where going to buy one it would be Vermeer

Ron Scott

Vermeer have been good machines from what I know of them. I see a number of them at work here, both Chippers and Tree Spades.
~Ron

Pine Ridge

We have a vermeer 1500 at the road department, dependable machine with very few problems.
Husqvarna 550xp , 2- 372xp and a 288xp, Chevy 4x4 winch truck

redprospector

I've got a 1994 1250 BC that I bought in 2000. The only problem I've ever had was from some environmental Waco's that sabotaged the engine. Put in a rebuilt Perkins, and never looked back. I've chipped a lot of acres with that little chipper. I've still got it, it's kind of like one of the kids now.  ;D 
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

LarryRB

My son has one just like it for his business and it will take everything that he puts in it with his crane up to about 10" . He does a lot of ditch clearing for the county and he pulls it behind his skid steer when he has to go thru the fields. There is no need to cut branches off the tree as it will pull the whole tree in.  You should like it.

Ohio_Bill

That will sure make dealing with brush a lot better . Nice looking chipper
Bill
USAF Veteran  C141 Loadmaster
LT 40 HDD42-RA   , Allis Chalmers I 500 Forklift , Allis Chalmers 840 Loader , International 4300 , Zetor 6245 Tractor – Loader ,Bob Cat 763 , Riehl Steel Edger

BargeMonkey

It seems like a rugged machine, I'm getting to the point I can't burn alot of brush anymore. More of my landowners don't want any brush left on the jobs, so I figure between the slasher, stroke delimber and chipper I can do that.  :D  I bought this one because it wasn't a monster, still can hand feed it and the stop bar works. We have a dealer about 1hr away for parts, Vermeer makes a good machine I guess.

timberlinetree

Nice chipper !Did the navy own it, usually they are yellow. If you are going to machine feed it might be a good idea to build some stabilizers/feet for the feed tray? Hope it works well for you.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

BargeMonkey

The guy wanted it to be "different" so he painted it navy gray.  :D  only 1 good dent in 1 fender, other than that its clean. Looking at figuring out stabilizers for the back, I have a pintle / 3 point plate for our skidsteer which we will use to move it around on jobs.

ehp

ran a few chippers about that size , found the vemeer to work pretty nice and not much trouble . This has nothing to do with the machine but when it came time to replace the knifes I found a place in NorthBay that was about 25% of the cost compared to vemeer for the knifes , The knifes had the same box, looks and I could not find a single difference between them so I went with the alot cheaper knife

Thank You Sponsors!