iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LT-15 Engine problems?

Started by PaulP, June 29, 2009, 01:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulP

Just wondering if anyone has experienced problems with their WM LT-15's engine. Seems like I get about a third of the way into a cut and the saw starts to bind up to the point where the engine actually quits. Afterwards, the engine won't start for some time, similar to it being flooded.

Saw is level, blade seems to have the correct tension.

I spoke with WM about this and they're pointing the problem to be with the engine and not with the saw.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Paul

ladylake

Sound more like not enough fuel, check your filter, gas tank vent, cracked or kinked fuel line, connector at the tank, dirty carb or clogged screen in the carb etc.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

PaulP

Thanks for the advice, one thing I fogot to add was that it's only 5 months old

tyb525

I had a problem with this once - Turned out to be to much oil in the crankcase, due to fuel leaking into the cylinder, and into the crankcase while it wasn't running. I always turn off the fuel when it's not running now.

This may not be your problem, as I don't know what kind of engine you have. Might be worth a try though.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

PaulP

That's interesting, I have a Kohler 15hp, forgive me for my ignorance, but how did you 'turn off' the gas? My engine is basically a lawnmower engine, I don't see any type of fuel shut off valve.

sparks

Paul, contact Greg Brock here at Wood-Mizer and he will get you on the right track.
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

Thank You Sponsors!