iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A small organized shop, small on the outside, big on the inside.

Started by woodbowl, January 13, 2007, 10:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Texas Ranger

Either we all be kinfolk, or, the nature of a shop is to be a little disorganized.  I usually need a flood ta clear out my shop. 8)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Coon

She must have.  She won't let any reading material out of the house.  (Or atleast she thinks so.)  :D She says I am to be working in there not doing other things like reading.  If thats the way she wants it I guess I won't be able to take my drawings and notes for Critter out there.  Oh well, it could be worse. Like a cerfew or sompin'   ;) ;)
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Stephen1

I cleaned the lower half ofmy barn after 12 years, I know where some stuff is now, I also took 1000lbs of crap to the dump. Ialso was able to put my boat inside for the 1st time in 5 years.  8) i was trying to make room in my leanto so i could buy a mill and start milling, then I broke my heal. My wife loved after the ice storm here, it was the 1st time in 10 years she got her car under a roof.  :D
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

woodbowl

Quote from: Texas Ranger on January 16, 2007, 11:57:22 AM
Either we all be kinfolk, or, the nature of a shop is to be a little disorganized. 

I've heard it said that folks with a messy shop tend to get a lot of things done. Dats why it's messy.   smiley_smug01
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

farmerdoug

Woodbowl,

You have it wrong.  Folks with messy shops tend to get more things done because if they are working on something they do not have to clean their shop. 8) 8) :D

Farmerdoug
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

Raider Bill

I big a beautiful monster garage 3 years ago, all the space I will ever need! I got so much crap I have to keep my mill and lathe in a one car garage. Don't even have room to park my truck inside.  Check these before and afters out.

and the afters........

Why would a normal person need 4 harley's?
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

woodbowl

Aeyeeee .... that's nice raider. You still have plenty of space left. Like that American flag too.  8)
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Coon

I think I am gonna bring my stuff to your shop.  Looks like you have all the bells and whistles :D :D :D  You still have enough room for another half dozen complete harleys and that much more in parts. ;D  I don't think you need to clean the shop yet.  You can still move in there. ;)
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Raider Bill

I've got 2 more bikes on shelves, basket cases. Most everything is there except the drive to put them together. I figure to sell off all of them but my baby [84 shovelhead] to buy the equiptment I will need in the woods. Everytime I look at that 03 Roadking in the picture I see a tractor smiley_whacko
Shop looks somewhat clean as my father was here over the holiday's and I didn't want to listen to him for 3 weeks about having a dirty shop. Give me about 2 more weeks and it will be back to the normal obstickle course. Man I can't spell.

On another note, I uploaded these pix PDQ! getting better at it.

Murf

Yup, there's a bit of a difference there Bill, I noticed it right off!!  ;D

In the before picture the flag is vertical, in after pictures it's hanging sideways now.  ::)

See, not much gettin' by me this mornin' .......  ::)
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

johncinquo

Why do you need 4 harleys?  Maybe you can get ONE to work!   :D   This of course from the guy with a severe case of MBS.  I have had up to 8 at the start of spring before.  I usually pick a few up over the winter, tinker with them, and put some up for sale come spring.  After of course trying them out a few times! 

My great-grandfather was a pretty good example on organization.  Every tool always in its place, every nut, nail, bolt, washer, string, fitting, in a container and labeled and put back when not in use.  He could walk in, pick up each thing he would need for a job, and start working in moments.  At the end of the day the shop was swept out, rubbish removed, and everything put back into place.  Mind boggling to me!  I guess a lifetime of military living would have its effects.  My garage looks like a bomb went off most of the time.  I know a big part of it is I have too many projects going at once, bikes apart over here, a cabinet to finish over there, chainsaws waiting for lost parts on the bench, complete chaos.  Of course putting the tools away would help make the next project go smoother, but when you caome back to one how are you going to remember you need a 4.4mm allen head wrench to put that bolt back in place...  I am trying to pick up more between and after projects more now and have found it is actually a much better way to work.  Not spending 20 minutes searching for the ratchet you left under a set of used tires helps make your project go smoother.  I got so disgusted one time I went and bought a new set of metric 1/4 drive sockets because I got tired of looking for them.  Next week I found em under the hood of the Opel, where I was planning on putting the carbuerator back on....  Such is life.   I did go buy a dozen 22 gallon rubbermaid totes for projects organization.  I can fit just about everything I need when working on something into it if I have to wait to get a part or tool.  When I get back to it no nuts or bolts have wandered off and in the meantime the workbench is clear for other things.    You can fit a straight 6 engine completely dismantled into a rubbermaid tote!  Its tough getting it on the shelf though.
To be one, Ask one
Masons and Shriners

scgargoyle

Turns out Raider Bill lives about 3 miles up the road from me. Wonder if he's every had someone break into his shop and LEAVE stuff? :D :D I can't wait to see what his plans are for his acreage. I'll have a shop that big once I get up to the country in SC. I've always dreamed of a 4 car garage with a small house out back. I'm getting closer to that every day!
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

tcsmpsi

One of my smaller shops...

(helps keeping 'helpers' out)   :D
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

Slabs

Waaal now!!!

Looks like I'm in th' right crowd, Huh Olen?????
Slabs  : Offloader, slab and sawdust Mexican, mill mechanic and electrician, general flunky.  Woodshop, metal woorking shop and electronics shop.

woodbowl

Slabs ..........  when I saw the pic that tcsmpsi posted, I said now that looks just like slabs' shop!

arj

I`d post a picture of my small on the outside, smaller on the inside shop
but the camera would not fit inside.
                                                         arj

Raider Bill

This house / shop was my dream, pretty much cost a marriage but a small price to pay for so much fun. She just didn't understand. Oh well like they say in the barber shop.......... next
I put up the flag as soon as the roof went on, I moved it so anyone driving by could see a american lived here when the OHD was open.
It took 3.5 years to get approved by the city, there was all kinds of issues, even the local paper and TV stations got involved. One Commisiner told me that I would get my shop over his dead body, he was not reelected.
I also built a 350 sqft outdoor kitchen and a 800 sqft sports/football room at the same time. Total project 2395 sq ft addition. BAsically the house is 5200 sqft, with 4 bathrooms, 3 kitchens and one bedroom, how's that for bacholer living?  I count the shop as living space.

Quote from: scgargoyle on January 17, 2007, 04:43:31 PM
Turns out Raider Bill lives about 3 miles up the road from me. Wonder if he's every had someone break into his shop and LEAVE stuff? :D :D I can't wait to see what his plans are for his acreage. I'll have a shop that big once I get up to the country in SC. I've always dreamed of a 4 car garage with a small house out back. I'm getting closer to that every day!
Brother you are welcome anytime, let's get together!

Thank You Sponsors!