iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mcculloch model 47

Started by pafire, October 02, 2019, 04:34:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pafire

Hello all, Just recently picked up a Mcculloch model 47. I would like to save this saw from the bone pile and get it to running and cutting.  So after looking it over it seems to be complete less a fan housing assy, it has compression and spark. I'm also would like to have an electronic version of the IPL for the model 47.

sawguy21

Best bet is e-bay for parts. That saw was built in the early 50's, good luck trying to find an electronic ipl. I recently acquired a Super 33 from that era, I have no intention of trying to work with it. It will be a shelf queen.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

pafire

SawGuy 21 I agree with you on the parts availability for that age of saw, and the parts source  as E-Bay, however they are asking crazy prices for complete chainsaws and the parts that go with them. It may also become a shelf Queen also. I was just hoping someone would have the cover in their bone pile.

Al_Smith

I've got the IPL on micro fiche but have no idea how to convert it to something to post on a computer .I might have it on the McBob (rip ) CD which I haven't looked at for a long while . I'll check it out it in the next several days to see .Every so often older paper IPL's show up on E-bay .

Al_Smith

Sherlock Holmes Smith hit the nail on the head again  On E-bay as I type for a mere $9.95 you can be the proud owner of a McCulloch model 47 illustrated parts list .---you're welcome  ;D

pafire

Do these models share the same parts 3-25 ,4-30 , 4-30A and model 47

Thank You Sponsors!