iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Kubota 3240

Started by Bruno of NH, March 08, 2024, 06:02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

My driveway washed out again big time.
In the middle of the fix I had hydraulic fluid pouring out a special drain plug on the bottom of the transmission. 
It the front drive shaft seal in the transmission. 
The tractor needs to be split apart to fix. 3 to 4 grand repair. 
730 hrs. 
It's common in the l series. 
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

21incher

That stinks. Not a fun job. 730 hours isn't much for a failure like that. 
Kubota seems to be producing low quality junk these days from the experience many of us are having with defective Subaru RTV engines they refuse to warranty or recall in the US. Was yours built during the pandemic because  it seems to be part of our issue.  
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Bruno of NH

No it's a 2008 model 
They still have this issue according to the Kubota dealers service manager. 

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

CCCLLC

Sorry to hear this Bruno.

B.C.C. Lapp

Bad luck Bruno. They only break when we're using them. :uhoh:   Gets old sometimes always dealing with the next crisis.   But it sure beats the alternative of doing nothing. 
Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

Bruno of NH

The Kubota is heading to the shop on Tuesday 
I hope it gets repaired quickly 

CCCLLC

My hopes are with you on the repairs and getting  it back quickly. 

Nebraska

730 hours boy that's a bunch of crap. Evan at 1730 hours that still seems soon. 
Sorry to hear about that hope they get it going soon. 

Peter Drouin

I wish you luck. If it was me, I'd get it fixed and send it down the road. Because it will need to be fixed in another 700 hrs. Good prices on LuLLs out there now.
I know guys that have Kubota stuff in town, all have things going on with them.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Bruno of NH

I got the real estimate for the repair yesterday  $5,200.00 needs a new clutch and pressure plate they got wet down with hydraulic fluid 

newoodguy78

Ouch, that's the reason I do most all the fixing in house. Can be a real pain sometimes but we simply can't afford what the shops are charging now and I understand why they charge what they do.
The way I look at it if I can get the parts for a job like that for say $1500 and spend two days doing it that's saving the farm from paying out 1800ish a day. That's also how I've justified buying the proper tools. May not work for everyone and there's certainly times knowing how to fix them can be more of a curse than a blessing.

Hang in there Bruno things will get better. 

Bruno of NH

Got the Kubota l3240 back from the dealer  $5800 .00 
They wouldn't just put the one seal in. Every wear part in the transmission was replaced. 
The tractor is a 2007 it had under 270 hours on it when I got it now 720 hours.
Hopefully it's set for a while. 
It to small for most work at the mill but I like having a machine with a 3pt hitch around the place.

21incher

Good luck with it. Better then new now. That was really fast.
I got a call today and Kubota is replacing my Sidekick a couple days before  the warranty expires. What a fight that was.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

CCCLLC

Glad it's  back in a timely  manner.  Not usually  a priority  around here. Good to go for the upcoming spring. Hopefully  many years.

Bruno of NH

They turned it around in a week .
I thought that was good 

Peter Drouin

Quote from: Bruno of NH on March 22, 2024, 05:39:30 PMIt to small for most work at the mill but I like having a machine with a 3pt hitch around the place.
What, Nows the time to get one bigger so you can use it at the mill in a pinch
The old one is all fixed for sale or trade.
Everything carries its own wate here and then some. Most times the mill is waiting on me. ffcheesy
Best of luck. ffsmiley
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

moodnacreek

Thank God i know a few top notch mechanics for the things I can't do. The dealer shops are in most cases a rip off. The all or nothing game covers their lack of knowledge and makes more $ for the house.

rusticretreater

Quote from: newoodguy78 on March 14, 2024, 12:00:52 AMOuch, that's the reason I do most all the fixing in house. Can be a real pain sometimes but we simply can't afford what the shops are charging now and I understand why they charge what they do.
The way I look at it if I can get the parts for a job like that for say $1500 and spend two days doing it that's saving the farm from paying out 1800ish a day. That's also how I've justified buying the proper tools. May not work for everyone and there's certainly times knowing how to fix them can be more of a curse than a blessing.

That's how I expand my tool collection too.  Not only do I save money on the fix, the tools keep paying off into the future.
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

Bruno of NH

Good thing it came back Thursday 
We got 24" of heavey wet snow yesterday.
I got lots of snow to move

CCCLLC

Wow! That is good  timing. Otherwise, maybe would  have been a few days for that amount  of snow to clear. Good to know  it's home and ready  to work.

Jim_Rogers

I too, am glad you got it back.

Good luck moving that snow load.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

GRANITEstateMP

Bruno, whats the power situation like on your side of the state?
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

SawyerTed

Sometimes things fall into place after a setback.  Glad you got it prior to the "s" word we won't say out loud here.  Some of our worst storms come this time of year.
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Thank You Sponsors!