iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New to me saw video Ported 288 XP

Started by CCC4, December 19, 2013, 09:48:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CCC4

Quote from: gologit on December 30, 2013, 09:53:22 PM
Hey Clint...try a triple port on that 660 muffler. The factory dual port is good but adding a third exhaust really seems to wake that saw up.  Aaron has run mine set up that way...he can tell you how it does. I don't know the part number but Aaron probably will...it's just a deflector on the left side of the muffler.  I think it's from a Husky.

I've gone back to work for awhile helping out a friend of mine. So much for retirement. We're trying to get as much of the burn salvage timber out as we can before winter shuts us down.

I am definitely going to look into that triple port! Thanks! I am glad to hear you are back working, guess there are alot of boots on the ground out there cutting the salvage timber. I remember over on AS I think where someone posted about all of that burn timber being cut, I'm glad it is getting logged so soon rather wait till it's junk. Stay safe out there Bob! Thanks!

CCC4

Quote from: Huskstihl on December 31, 2013, 11:11:36 AM
I am glad to hear you opened that thing up.  Gologit says they sound like an old oven timer, but being all young and stuff, I think it sounds like the valvetrain on a DOHC 4 cylinder.  Not a bad sound, but not what I'd like.

I was politely suggesting this before, but now I'm just gonna tell you to... wear hearing protection!

Yeh, I am going to try and get one of those helmet systems with ear protection, my hearing is leaving me rapidly I think...and I'm just 40...heck by 60 I won't be able to hear myself fart!  :o

Husk if you could have ever heard me pull the stick on a Detroit powered ground hog mill! Man I could throw some saw dust! Probably why my left ear is the worst.  :D

treeslayer2003

after runnin detroits most of my life every thing else seems qiet lol.
i'm bout def in my left to.......huh what ya say?????

Eccentric

Hey Clint...try a triple port on that 660 muffler. The factory dual port is good but adding a third exhaust really seems to wake that saw up.  Aaron has run mine set up that way...he can tell you how it does. I don't know the part number but Aaron probably will...it's just a deflector on the left side of the muffler.  I think it's from a Husky.

I've gone back to work for awhile helping out a friend of mine. So much for retirement. We're trying to get as much of the burn salvage timber out as we can before winter shuts us down.

Your 660 is the strongest 066/660 that I've ran.  Jasha does good work indeed.

So you're healed up and working again eh my friend?  Don't overdo things.  You're retired remember!  Did you receive that package I sent you?

Quote from: Huskstihl on December 31, 2013, 11:12:42 AM
Ironically, the deflector typically used to add another port to a muffler is from a ......Husky 288xp!

Yep.  503078301 is the Husqvarna part number for that 288XP deflector.  503405601 is the # for the screen that goes under it (if you need the screen).
-Eccentric.

Don't tune old saws with a tach!
Tune the H side so that it '4-strokes' (burbles) at WOT unloaded.  It should just 'clean up' when under load........and revert to '4-stroking' when you lift cutting pressure.

gologit

Quote from: Eccentric on December 31, 2013, 11:35:52 PM

So you're healed up and working again eh my friend?  Don't overdo things.  You're retired remember!  Did you receive that package I sent you?

Ironically, the deflector typically used to add another port to a muffler is from a ......Husky 288xp!

Yep.  503078301 is the Husqvarna part number for that 288XP deflector.  503405601 is the # for the screen that goes under it (if you need the screen).

Yup, that's been a good 660.  TreeSlingr' knows how to put together a  real logging saw.

I got the package and I thank you very much.  If you get a chance PM me Ron's email so I can thank him properly.

And don't worry about me working too hard.  You know that's not going to happen. The unit we're doing now is all mechanized so I spend more time in the pickup and on the telephone than I do with my feet on the ground.

And a little note to the rest of you guys...if you're ever around Eccentric and need somebody to put that final little fine tune on your saw...even if it's a saw built in this century...he's the guy to see.  Bribe him with home made cookies...works every time.
Semi-retired...life is good.

Eccentric

Quote from: gologit on January 01, 2014, 05:04:40 PM
Quote from: Eccentric on December 31, 2013, 11:35:52 PM

Yup, that's been a good 660.  TreeSlingr' knows how to put together a  real logging saw.

I got the package and I thank you very much.  If you get a chance PM me Ron's email so I can thank him properly.

And don't worry about me working too hard.  You know that's not going to happen. The unit we're doing now is all mechanized so I spend more time in the pickup and on the telephone than I do with my feet on the ground.

And a little note to the rest of you guys...if you're ever around Eccentric and need somebody to put that final little fine tune on your saw...even if it's a saw built in this century...he's the guy to see.  Bribe him with home made cookies...works every time.

PM sent with Ron's email address.  Thanks for the kind words.  "Even if it's a saw built in this century"...... :D
-Eccentric.

Don't tune old saws with a tach!
Tune the H side so that it '4-strokes' (burbles) at WOT unloaded.  It should just 'clean up' when under load........and revert to '4-stroking' when you lift cutting pressure.

Thank You Sponsors!