iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

One Hour or $100

Started by Magicman, May 19, 2013, 03:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Where the heck does time and money go.  Even what should be a 15 minute job takes an hour, and in no time the entire day is gone.  If you go to the grocery, hardware, or building supply with even a small list, the billfold is busted.

I should nickname myself "needmore" because it looks like I needmore of everything.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

millwright

With the price of gas, your almost broke before you get there.

Sonofman

I went out last weekend and got in my truck. It was on empty. I took it and filled it up (14 gal) and got about 8 for lawn mowing. I got in my car the next day, and it was empty, another 14 gal. I looked at the tally, $115. I know how you fell MM, it seems like I get started and the next thing I know, the day is gone. Of course, this is only when I am working for myself, never when I am on the company's dime, then time drags.
Located due west of Due West.

WDH

Also, a Principle of the Universe:

One trip to Lowes = two trips to Lowes

Unless it is plumbing.  Then:

One trip to Lowes = (at least) three trips to Lowes :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

martyinmi

I'm with ya all on this one.
Went to town for distilled water(for my cpap) and figure I'd fill my pick-up with diesel.
$106.00
Went to Walley World to buy said water and got a call from my bride as I entered the store. She read me a list of things that we needed at home.
$141 and change.

I believe time does go faster as we age- nearly as fast as the dollar declines in value. :(

I suppose that about any time we can get up and read the paper and we are not in the obituary's our day is starting out on a good note! :D
No God, No Peace
Know God, Know Peace!

Sonofman

I agree marty, about the time I get to moaning about prices, I am reminded to be thankfull I have a good job that I like that pays pretty well. I also have a heavenly Father that looks after me, and that means more than all the rest put together.

thecfarm

Try filling the car,10 gallons,$38,than get 20 gallons of off road diesel,just about $40 than 4 gallons of high test for the chainsaw,$16,than 5 gallons high test for the sawmill,$20. After I pay them $114 I'm heading to get groceries.
Don't even ask about buying 50 pounds of spikes.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

DDDfarmer

At 10 gallons/$38 that works out to $1.00 a litre,  I wish....

Last bill is $89.41 for 70.455 litres or $1.269/L and I have a 5 cent discount.

Works out to $4.796/ us gallon or $4.985 without my discount.

Makes your gas seem cheap now  eh?
Treefarmer C5C with cancar 20 (gearmatic 119) winch, Husky 562xp 576xp chainsaws

Sonofman

DDDFarmer, I know. That is why I said I try not to complain. I drove from Alaska to Hanes and back so I know what your fuel prices are like. It does not matter how bad you have it, someone has it worse.

I remember reading something when I was growing up. It was something about "I complained that I had no shoes until I saw a man that had no feet."

I really, really try to count my blessings.

Magicman

I had to make a trip to our hardware/building supply today for a gallon of exterior stain and a locking entrance door handle.  Yup, the door lock was $46 and the stain was $49.  Add taxes and it was another $100 gone.   smiley_dizzy
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

drobertson

MM, me and my father in law were just talking a lil while back, a trip to town could be covered with a "Jackson" now you might as well figure 5 of them,  no doubt bout that,  and the hour, I figure on throwing that figure out as well, it's two before all is said and done,  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Thank You Sponsors!