iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Plate Exchanger for domestic hot water and OWB

Started by Nodak Andy, January 07, 2021, 12:35:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbender

Same here, dead standing softwood is my favorite. It's usually the right diameter that I don't need to split it, just cut it to length and chuck it in. Minimal ash from it. 
Too many irons in the fire

thecfarm

The fir on my land is that way. Well most of it is. I come to a fir 6 inches across I might just as well cut it down. It's all ready has a good heart rot started.
Seem like the EWP will die at more than 2 feet across. That needs to be split. Most times it's one that has crotched out 2-3 times, so not much lost for good saw logs. But just had a wind storm and I lost 2 good saw logs trees. Well probably more, did not walk all the acres, but that's all I saw.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

DDW_OR

I just got an email from Central Boiler stating that there is a Federal Tax Credit of 26% for new installs for 2021 and 2022. and 22% for 2023

Other OWB manufactures should also qualify

here is the quote
"The new US Internal Revenue Code Sec. 25D creates a tax credit of 26% of the purchase and installation costs of qualifying biomass products used for residential heating.* The Central Boiler Classic Edge Titanium HDX 360, 560 and 760 meet the qualifications for this credit, which has no cap or lifetime limit.

*26 percent of the purchase and installation costs for tax years 2021 and 2022; reduces to 22 percent of purchase and installation costs in 2023.
"
"let the machines do the work"

Nodak Andy

That is awesome info DDW.  Thank you everyone for the information and advice.  

On a side note, I wonder what they would allow a guy to include in the installation price of a unit.  I'd assume purchase price, cost of materials for both electrical and the tubing to get water to and from house yea?

DDW_OR

been looking into it.
Yes = Furnace, and parts and piping to make it work
? ? ? = Labor
? ? ? = shipping

also i saw on the email, 1 year same as cash 8)

so estimate total of $15,000 divided by 11 (always pay it off early) = $1,364 per month

DDW_OR

i would look up the tax code
looks like labor is included

US Internal Revenue Code Sec. 25D

so here is more of the email

________

The new US Internal Revenue Code Sec. 25D creates a tax credit of 26% of the purchase and installation costs of qualifying biomass products used for residential heating.* The Central Boiler Classic Edge Titanium HDX 360, 560 and 760 meet the qualifications for this credit, which has no cap or lifetime limit.

*26 percent of the purchase and installation costs for tax years 2021 and 2022; reduces to 22 percent of purchase and installation costs in 2023.
What are the effective dates of the tax credit?
The new tax credit went into effect on January 1, 2021 for qualifying purchases and installations completed on or after that date, through December 31, 2023.
Which products qualify for the tax credit?
Qualifying products must be at least 75 percent efficient per the higher heating value (HHV) of the fuel that are used to heat a dwelling unit located in the United States and used as a residence by the taxpayer, or to heat water for use in such a dwelling unit.

The Classic Edge Titanium HDX 360, 560 and 760 models of outdoor wood furnaces meet the qualifications by exceeding the 75% efficiency (HHV) rating requirement and are EPA certified to heat a residence.
How do I qualify for the tax credit?
1. Install a qualifying Central Boiler outdoor wood furnace (Classic Edge 360, 560 and 760) between January 1, 2021 and December 31, 2023.

2. Claim the tax credit associated with your qualifying purchase and installation on your federal filing for the tax year.

This summary information is provided as a convenience and may not be relied upon as a substitute for professional tax advice. Central Boiler, Inc. is not a tax advisor. Taxpayers claiming a tax credit should consult a tax professional with any questions. Central Boiler is not responsible or liable for the taxpayer's ability to receive tax credits.

Financing options are available through Central Financing, including a 12 month Same-as-Cash loan and no payments or interest for a full 12 months, OAC. Available in the US only, at participating dealers. Visit CentralBoiler.com or your local dealer for more details.

Thank You Sponsors!