iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Oh Lord its hot

Started by riverswamp sawyer, July 15, 2010, 12:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul case

tug,
sorry to hear about your friend, you have my condolences.we  must remember we are not invinceable.

pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

paul case

frank & crackerhead,
my collection is all users.
w-6 farmall  first 1 paid $100 at auction motor stuck. runs fine now. mounted post driver
farmall h- given to me by a cousin. was my uncles tractor
farmall m
farmall 560 d
IH 1086  cab & a c & loader
wd allis
8n ford- was my grandpas tractor, bought it back after being out of the family for 25 years
530 case d backhoe
580 case d ind loader'' lil yeller log loader extroardinair''
930 case gas   cab& loader
930 case d
AC hd 16 dc  dozer 

pc
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
pc

customsawyer

It is not just us older members they just buried a 22 year old a few weeks ago. That heat will cook you and when your done your done.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

easymoney

i said i was not going to complain about the heat this summer after the winter we had. but it is getting hard not to complain. i cant take being out in the sun with the medication i am taking. maybe being 70 has something to do with it also.

Papa1stuff

The heat here is one reason this is where my mill is!!

1987 PB Grader with forks added to bucket
2--2008 455 Rancher Husky
WM CBN Sharpener & Setter

Bro. Noble

Quote from: Tug Hill Walt on July 16, 2010, 09:23:12 PM
Cracker, I've heard the term unstyled, but just what does it mean???

In 1937,  JD started using a more stremelined  body on their tractors (styled).  We have some of those old tractors and unfortunately still have to use some of them.  I used to dream of having a bunch of antique tractors and now just wish we had one good new one that wasn't always breaking down :D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

crackerhead

Actually it was 1939[ after when Henry Dryfuss was hired by Deere to restyle the tractors ] that the styled tractors came out  Basically the difference between a styled and unstyled is that an unstyled had no sheet metal around the radiator, whereas a styled tractor does  And by the wat it is still hot in N Ga today and supposed to get even hotter next week  .Everyone stay cool
"thars gold in them thar hills"  Dahlonega Ga ,site of America's first major gold rush in 1828

paul case

all of my tractors are in one state or another of styled!

papa,
thas one shady setup, theres a lot of board boot above your mill man. thats one serious tree. what kind is it? pc
pc

Papa1stuff

Paul ,that's a live Oak a real hard wood thats hard to saw ,but has some pretty lumber in it.
The tree has very crooked limbs and years ago they used them for building boats.
1987 PB Grader with forks added to bucket
2--2008 455 Rancher Husky
WM CBN Sharpener & Setter

paul case

if that were in my yard it would be a good candidate for a engine hoist limb .  pc
pc

carykong

Starting in early June I move my portable mill closer to the tree line to take advantage of the morning shade. By 1pm,the sun reclaims the treeline and I am ready to shut her down for another day.

Chris Burchfield

After collecting about a dozen antique tractors, the number one rule is to move them around about once a month.  That way, when you acquire a new one, your wife won't notice it.   :D :D :D
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

paul case

i hide mine in an old chicken house or in the hayfield or in the front yard so she wont notice. that in the front yard stuff wont work for you guy who have a wife with a green thumb.   pc
pc

Thank You Sponsors!