iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

1970s Allis Chalmers dozer parts

Started by jim king, March 13, 2009, 02:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jim king

Does anyone know a source for parts for an early 70´s Allis Chalmers dozer.

stonebroke

which parts? The engine parts should be pretty easy

jim king

ely

get to welding and build that tooth back up. file it to final shape. don't even tell me it won't work. we have even done it on a starter flywheel application too.

Paul_H

We did that too on the pinion gear of our LinkBelt LS98 log loader years ago just like ely did.The welder was a Prairie boy from Northern Alberta,raised during the depression,with a make it work attitude.The gear outlasted the machine.
I'll bet you have some good Blacksmiths in your area(?)

The LS98 is the Red machine with the backstop

Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

olyman

Weld the tooth with 7018 rod.Make dang sure the rod is DRY,and only like spot weld.That gear is hardened, and have welded dozer blades,which are somewhat the same composition.A little at a time,cover the other teeth,so you dont get weld splatter on them.Then have fun grinding it to shape!!!!!

Paul_H

Olyman,

would it be a good idea to preheat and cool slow as well?
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

ely

good to know i aint the only red neck around here.

John Bartley

Quote from: jim king on March 13, 2009, 02:37:34 PM
Does anyone know a source for parts for an early 70´s Allis Chalmers dozer.

Back in the late eighties I spent a couple of years as a parts guy for the local "Fiat-Allis" agency. At that time we were able to get a lot of the parts for the old AllisChalmers line of heavy equipment. FiatAllis it seems, has been taken over by New-Holland? If you have a New-Holland dealer around, preferably one who has been in business for some years, you might have some luck there.

cheers

John
Kioti DK35HSE w/loader & forks
Champion 25hp band mill, 20' bed
Stihl MS361
Stihl 026

breederman

Together we got this !

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

farmerdoug

Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

John Woodworth

Try (countylineparts.com) have deen getting cat parts from them for years, good people.
Two Garret 21 skidders, Garret 10 skidder, 580 Case Backhoe, Mobile Dimension sawmill, 066, 046 mag, 044, 036mag, 034, 056 mag, 075, 026, lewis winch

Thank You Sponsors!