iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Transporting an unmounted log loader

Started by CHill8903, April 29, 2024, 06:50:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CHill8903

Anybody ever haul an unmounted log loader? I'm looking at a prentice 120c 3 hrs. From me. I'd have to fetch it with my 8'x17' deck over equipment trailer(wood deck).

It's currently sitting upright with the stick boom folded in, no grapple. I'm just worried it may be a difficult thing to secure and haul safely. 

Any suggestions?

Resonator

Been a few years, but I used to haul new ones on flatbed semi out of Prentice WI. They would have the outriggers slid in, and the boom/stick folded toward the "A" frame to form a triangle. They'd often be multiple ones on a load, facing each other in pairs slightly angled to "nest" the booms parallel to each other. Always were loaded on a drop deck trailer (to keep the height down). Also had wood blocking to cushion it under the outrigger feet, and under the stick where it lay on the trailer.
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

CHill8903

Yeah that's how this would be folded up. I was also thinking of taking blocking to make cribbing if necessary...and lots of chains and straps. 

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

Resonator

Blocking was required when we hauled any machine fabrication where it touched the deck of the trailer. If there was any steel corner or edge that touched, you risked it chewing a hole through the trailer with the road vibration.
Yes to chains and straps. We had carpet squares to pad the paint from getting scratched, and careful not to place any chains or straps directly on the hydraulic cylinders, chrome rods, or lines.
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Thank You Sponsors!