iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

anyone heard this??

Started by JD_Kid, April 01, 2002, 03:36:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JD_Kid

Hi ya
i found this on another site and though it maybe of interest for some of ya's

An Italian company has bought the rights to make Husqvarna motorcycles.

Lowes and some company named Huffy Service First, have entered into an agreement with Husqvarna regarding the sales and service of Husqvarna power equipment.

Here is a copy of the news release announcing the move (news releases come directly from the company, in this case Lowes, in an effort to improve their image, so you can't take all that is in them at face value, if you know what I mean).

HEADLINE: Lowe's Brings Husqvarna on Board, as Branding Strategy Gains Momentum;
Husqvarna is the Second Top Power Equipment Brand in Recent Months to Choose Lowe's as Exclusive Home Improvement Retailer

DATELINE: WILKESBORO, N.C., Dec. 11

BODY:
In a move that adds growing momentum to its branding strategy, Lowe's Home Improvement Warehouse (NYSE: LOW) today announced it will add the premium Husqvarna brand to its outdoor power equipment offerings in selected stores.  
    (Photo:  http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20000720/LOWES )  
    Husqvarna, one of the world's best-known names in outdoor power equipment, will debut a number of products including chainsaws, trimmers, blowers, and a Swedish-made articulating rider in selected Lowe's stores starting February, 2002.  
    Husqvarna is the second premium outdoor power equipment brand in recent months to choose Lowe's as its exclusive home improvement retail outlet. In October, Lowe's added Cub Cadet to its offerings. Both Husqvarna and Cub Cadet are well-respected brands that were previously sold exclusively through independent dealers. Like independent dealers, Lowe's offers on-site maintenance and repair service for outdoor power equipment. Lowe's is the only home improvement warehouse to do so.  
    "Lowe's continues to offer our customers better choices and differentiate our stores from our competitors by offering the most innovative products, the most respected name brands in the business and the most technologically advanced products," said Lowe's Chairman, President and CEO Bob Tillman. "Husqvarna and Cub Cadet join a growing number of top brands at Lowe's that fulfill our mission."  
    For Husqvarna, Lowe's offers the opportunity to reach more than six million shoppers weekly across the country, who value quality and service.  
    "We selected Lowe's as the exclusive home improvement retailer because they provide service before and after the sale, and work with independent dealers," said Husqvarna President David Zerfoss. "Their commitment to serving and satisfying the customer is consistent with our business philosophy."  
    Lowe's on-site repair service is the first of its kind in the home improvement industry. The service will be offered for all brands of outdoor power equipment sold at Lowe's through a strategic alliance with Huffy Service First. Briggs & Stratton, MTD Products and Husqvarna are training and forming a network of repair dealers to cater to customers using Lowe's new in-store service.

catch ya
JD Kid

I used to smoke camels but found them hard to light and kicked to much

Gordon

I was in Lowe's the other day and noticed they had  a couple of different Husky riding mowers. Didn't look to see if they had any chainsaws as I was in a hurry to finish a job and needed one fitting to get it done. Good news was that for once they had the fitting and I got the job done, even better got paid that same day. 8)

Gordon

L. Wakefield

Husqvarna motorcycles, Husqvarna riding mowers. Hybridize em and get one of those things like the Roman charioteers had- a motorcycle but with the spinning blades out to the side. Lets you clear the path through the woods even as you're riding. Need another spinner on the front tho, like those subway tunnel grinding mole machines..nothing can stop me now...lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

Tom

Sounds like you've been watching Tool Time reruns LW.  :D :D

DanG

I noticed a display of Husky chainsaws in our Lowes last week, 'cept they didn't look all that "husky".  All of'em were the homeowner grade of merchandise. I'd be surprised if Husqvarna can maintain their reputation for very long with this kind of public exposure of their low-end product. Their $350 saw didn't appear any better than Poulan's $150 rig. I guess the "right now" dollars are more important to them than their future reputation.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

JD_Kid

Hi ya
i don't know what lowes is i'm takeing a stab in the dark it like our miter 10 or placemakers ,sell lumber paint tiles handheld power tool etc etc i noted the other day that miter 10 had a blue :o dolmar in there i didn't look at the price tho .looked the same .prob with this way of selling is backup and advice ,start asking a few of the tougher ones ,can i use this oil,unleaded gas ok? how long will the anti vibe mounts last? etc etc and i'd say most of them will not have a clue..next prob that happens is who fixes them ,say lowes sell huskys and the local dealer goes under what happens then? myself as long as i can get parts even if i had to import them i can rebuild myown saws  but many weekend woodsmen have probs just fileing a chain ;)
catch ya
JD Kid
I used to smoke camels but found them hard to light and kicked to much

Tom

You guessed pretty close. Lowes and Home Depot are two of the larger "Mega Stores" in the USA.  They sell everything from lumber to hand tools, fasteners, plumbing, electrical fittings and appliances, garden tractors, mowers, paint and nursery plants.  You name it and they have it.   Kmart and Walmart are mega stores in the Department store vein.

These big stores, while being convenient for consumers, tend to carry home owner grades of equipment and the local chainsaw mechanics and hand tool stores have a hard time competing when their only floor traffic is the professional logger, carpenter, plumber and mechanic.  It's the professional that ultimatly suffers because his tools can only be procured by mail when the small providers of high end tools succumb to the competition.

The only real answer is for the manufacturers to realize that they have to support the small entrepreneur whether he is buying in quantity or not.  If the entrepreneurs of the mega stores were still around then all of the outlets would be recognized.  I think that the big stores are relying on their accountants to provide the marketing and that profession is not up to the task.

(just my opinion)

Tillaway

Husqvarna, Poulan, Poulan Pro, Jonsered, and Weed Eater are all owned by Electrolux Home products. All these products are rebadged and cross over for the various brands.  Some Weed Eater low end consumer sting trimmers are rebadged as Huqvarna.  You have to be carefull with the Husqvarna brand because you can't quite be sure what you are buying.  That is why it is best to buy from the pro dealers... they have culled out and won't carry certain Husqvarna products just because of this reason.  I think Lowes is trying to sell the name, not the better products they offer.  
Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

Don P

It runs deep and old here, I drove through Wilkesboro yesterday, grew up with Lowes. They were pretty good to start with but just like everything that gets big...I usually leave there with soaring blood pressure :D
They muscled out the locals then converted to a homeowners store...I can't even drive into the yard anymore. Its too small and is padlocked. They realized the lumber market is not where the bucks are so they switched to selling "stuff" just like wallyworld.
I can drive to 4 different Lowes and pay 4 different prices for gun nails.
Remember buying framing by the thousand not "unit pricing" ,that was the big box stores.
One of our local building supplies reopened AFTER Lowes expanded to a supercenter...seems all the contractors have had a bellyfull and the niche reopened :D. They are now in mid expansion.
Ours had homeowner chainsaws too, and those kids aren't learning on my stuff thank you very much. I am sitting on 4 dead electric saws since the repair shop folded...I went in with a broken Milwaukee drill cord (sounds dumb, but they even figured out how to make it so you have to buy theirs >:() The kid didn't know if they even had parts manuals...much less a wear part! They actually brought a far better tool selection in than was locally available before...by orders of magnitude, but pitiful support. You have to know what to look for though, the 1 hour motors are right alongside the pro tools.
There goes my BP again :D :D
They are trying to improve... :-/

DanG

Reminds me of Home Depot's grand opening in Tallahassee. It happened that I was in the market for a rotor tiller, at the time, so I stopped by to take advantage of the "great deals."  I entered the store and didn't see the outdoor equipment, so I asked a clerk, "Which way to the rotor tillers?"  In response, I got "Uh, what's a rotor tiller?"  It was a full 5 years before they got their first dime from me. ::) ::) ??? ??? ???  
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Thank You Sponsors!