iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

winter is starting to get the best of me

Started by Woodboogah, February 26, 2014, 01:56:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timberjack 450

My phone has been going crazy with firewood customers. The new people that call go into shock when I tell them the price. My regulars know what they are getting and are fine with the price. I ran out of seasoned a long time ago. I am buying every stick of green ash I can find.  I do 4 to 6 loads of split firewood every weekend. I get my price or I just leave the processor turned off. If you cant make money doing it, it isn't worth doing.
90 450 Timberjack, JD 650 G dozer, Hitachi 120 excavator, 2400 morbark chipper, 85 Western star log truck,and a 22-22 Blockbuster processor
Almost forgot, and a very patient woman

barbender

-30°F here again this morning, I've got to go get my machine warmed up and ready to move.  The lowboy will meet me at 9:00, it will feel pretty crisp throwing chains :o
Too many irons in the fire

Corley5

I had 7 below at the house at 7:20 this AM but where the machines are it's much colder.  I turned on the Fabtek's ProHeat and made a run to CARQUEST in Indian River for hydraulic fluid and it was -32 at the store and the repair shop down the road had -38.  That's really cold for around here.  It's an even zero here at the house right now.  The harvester is started and warming up.  Beautiful bright sunny day just bitter cold.  Suppose I better try to get something done before the frost laws go on
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Quebecnewf

No bad things to say about cold and snow. I need the cold to freeze up the ice and the snow to get my logs home to the mill on. Love the cold and snow, hope it continues

Quebecnewf

thecfarm

I had forgotten about your Ice Road.  ;D  Things going good for a change??
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

;D :D A normal winter for a change and everyone whines, eh Newf? ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Quebecnewf

Very good season so far. Lots of cold and snow. I have 400 logs cut so far. 200 home to the mill and another 200 by the shoreline ready for a spring rafting trip.

New path cut in a different location yeaterday so will start cutting in that area tomorrow.
I have also got 9 birch logs home to saw and put in the kiln in the spring.

Going good
Quebecnewf

Thank You Sponsors!