iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Levelling big bits of wood.

Started by Ianab, April 05, 2005, 02:43:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Ever tried dragging timbers behind the truck?   You can sit on them and make them heavier.  Asphalt then concrete then sand roads.  :D

Ernie

I'd better not let Jan read this one Tom or my excuse for More Tools will not be favourable recievec.

I may be pushing my luck since we only recently got the mill :D :D :D
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Larry

I've been running a romping stomping PC7518 for quite a few years but if I was going to buy another one I sure would look at the Makita M12V...half the price and my buddy reports just as good.

Ernie, I just ordered a new planer early this week.  It is supposed to be here bout the middle of June...didn't consult with the finance manager before I placed the order.  Trying to figure out iffen I should ask for forgiveness when it shows up or take another course? ::)   Is it to late for me to ask for permission? :-\  And what if she says no? :'(
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Ianab

Thats the Hitachi M12 router?
I've not seen one, but the specs / price look good and I've read good things about them. Looking online it seems your Makita 3612 are different to ours, we get 230v 2300 watt models. The US ones ones seem to be 115 volt 1800 watts? That makes the M12 look like a better deal  (same power, better price).

Yay for standard power sockets in NZ being 230v 10amp  :)

Ian

P.S. It's usually easier to beg for forgiveness than get permission, and a least you can go and hide in the shed with your new toy untill things settle down  ;) :D
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Ernie

A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

LeeB

F.D., I thought about getting one but in all truth I really enjoy working the hand tools every now and then. Lord knows I can always use the execise :D. LeeB
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Ianab

QuoteIan,  See my post on the excavator, a bit hard to hide.

Hmmm... true

My only problem if I bought one of those... I'd need to buy 2, Lil would want one too  :D
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

jack

Ian,

This is just a thot......  Ya know the BIG self adheasive Sand paper disks,
Get a old blade off the peterson and stick the sandpaper on the bottom side of the blade.   carefully lower it on to the slab and sand away.

A 30" wide belt sander refil should be able to fit on the sawblade.  Take off the teeth.

Im gonna try it one of these days.
Jack
GRAB life by the Belly fat and give it a twist!!!!!

Went from 5 employees to one, sorry to see a couple of them go.  Simplify life... building a totally solar run home, windmill pumps my water, and logs keep me warm.

Ironwood

I am so disappointed noone had mentioned that it may be a good time to pick up a nice little 40"-52" planer. Rough it on one side with a power hand planer then run it thru.......................flat, just use your forkliftS as infeed outfeed tables. What a great excuse for more heavy iron!

REID
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

footer

Doesn't Petrson make a surfacing blade for the mill?

Ianab

QuoteDoesn't Petrson make a surfacing blade for the mill?

Yes.
There is one available thru Peterson, you can also get them to fit the Lucas saws, it's just I'm too cheap to buy one. If I was doing a lot of slabs professionally then it would be a good option.

Cheers

Ian

footer

I was always thinking that the surface milling capability would be a good reason to own one of those beasts ;D

Frank_Pender

I simply made a 5' square out of 1 1/2" angle with a single bolt in each corner.  I then made a rectangle out of the same material, with 3" roller berrings on each of the corners to ride on one side of the square.  I then fabed a holding square for the router to ride on the edges of the rectangle.  The square is permanent and the rectangle and square move over the slab. 
Frank Pender

brdmkr

Hey frank, Thanks for reviving this thread.  Sounds like you may have a device that fits my needs.  Would you happen to have a picture???

Thanks Much!
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Frank_Pender

I cn take a picture, but I am still having trouble learning how to post them. :'(
Frank Pender

Fla._Deadheader

C'mon Frank ::)
Posting is easy.  ;) Use Dang's instructions in the ''Behind the Forum'' section. We all know you have LOTS of pictures we would all enjoy.  ;) ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Thank You Sponsors!