iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Photo Posting with iPad

Started by Highhood, February 24, 2019, 02:58:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highhood

Hi Jeff, first of all I would like to say what an awesome forum you have put together for folks in the Logging and forestry world. I imagine you get really tired of "newbies" with photo posting problems and I don't know how you manage all of this by yourself. 
My problem is I'm using an iPad and when I was trying to upload photos to my gallery, I didn't see a way to resize them so my thought was to try the upload and see if the gallery would block my upload with a "size pop up" and it didn't so I went ahead and added to my post. It seems something resized them but they might still be too large. I have only posted two photos so far but I noticed they came thru to the post much larger size than photos posted by other members. If I have exceeded the size limit, please feel free to delete my pics (since you're the administrator) if they exceed storage limit. 
It appears easier maybe resizing photos on a windows laptop so until I can get my hands on the wife's PC, I will refrain from posting pics and just enjoy viewing the forum and all the great info. Jim

Jeff

Hi Highhood, I just took a look in your gallery and your photos are perfect. No issues I can see at all. The forum should compress and resize for you. If your photo file size is to large, which sometimes happens with high resolution phone cameras, you will get some sort of error uploading and it will fail. If the photo uploads. You're golden. :)  

Thank you for actually being concerned about this. It was rare and refreshing. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Highhood

Thanks Jeff, I will keep trying. The other problem I had on my second photo post is the pic showed up on top of my text even tho I parked the cursor several lines below the text. After hitting the preview button, I didn't see a "modify" button but it did appear after I posted. Do I need to make changes prior to preview or can I do it within preview mode. 

thecfarm

Not Jeff,but I use that preview all the time.  ;)  I preview,don't like something, I go back to the post, fix it and hit preview again. I like to hit the enter key a few times for white space. Just looks neater to bring it down away from the text. Than if 2 pictures are posted,with no text beween them,the picture won't "run" together. Just play around with it
I think it shows up in your posts. There is a Modify button on the upper right,that will have both text and smileys,and preview,will look just like a new post, and there is one on the lower right that is just text. I used that one to add the info about the modify buttons.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

lxskllr

This forum treats carriage return strangely. I typically do two times for a new paragraph, but then the forum treats as a single new line, and my paragraphs are right on top of each other. Here, I hit it three or four times, and that works; sorta... Too much room usually, but better than not enough  :shrugs:

Highhood

Thanks guys, I will try again on my next post - appreciate the help.