iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

tree that fell on excavator

Started by JD350Cmark, January 31, 2005, 11:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JD350Cmark

Hello everyone,

I've been in a slump lately when comes to getting on here on a regular basis so I hope this was not posted eariler as I could have missed it.  I found this news artical on a tractor forum and this is the only way I know how to attach or lead ya to it.  Hope Jeff does not mind and I'm not plugging this other forum, just thought it's a good reminder to think twice before doing something and stuff CAN go wrong.  -Mark

http://www.ytmag.com/cgi-bin/viewit.cgi?bd=crawlers&th=55474
2004 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25

Dan_Shade

that happened about 10 miles from where I live, those guys just did the excavation work for a buddy of mine's garage.

it's unfortunate to say the least...
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

SwampDonkey

Very sobering image and unfortunate. Be careful out there and take the time to assess the situation.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Mark M

In the last year or so we've had two different accidents where men were killer in their equipment. In both cases the accidents were not very bad but the men did not have on their seat belts and fell out of their cabs and were crushed.

Quartlow

Things like this always make you think, the scary part is some of it never makes the news. The company I work for part time hauls demolition debris from the rail head to the landfill using open top sea containers. You back a trailer up on this huge tipper and unhook it. they dump it, if it doesn't all come out a guy on an excavate drags it out. Then the dozer pushes it away.

A few weeks ago they had some get wet and freeze over the weekend. when they tried to dump it it wouldn't come out so the tipper operator was banging it trying to get it to slide. Well the dummy never hooked up the safety chains and the trailer went off the tipper backwards right onto the excavator.

Luckily it hit square on the joint where the boom and the stick meet. punched a hole in the floor of the trailer and didn't make it to the cab. Operator of the excavator got away with soiled pants. He said it was all over in the blink of an eye!! needless to say he don't sit right behind the tipper anymore.
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

Thank You Sponsors!