iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Saying goodbye to Millie our GSP

Started by JD Guy, February 26, 2023, 03:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JD Guy

Had to make the always difficult decision to put to sleep our 14-1/2 year old Millie on Friday. :(
  She was batting Arthritis, Degenerative Disc Disease, and Cataracts for the last year and no amount of medication was going to improve her condition or slow down the progression.
  We will desperately miss our annual Grouse and Woodcock hunting trips to the Northwoods of WI where she performed her part of the hunt by finding, pointing and holding birds much better than I executed with the shooting  :)
  Life is short, take time and effort to enjoy your short time with your four legged partners every chance you get!

thecfarm

That is a hard thing to do and I sure she will be missed.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WV Sawmiller

Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Walnut Beast

JD Guy very sorry to hear the news. Glad you had many good memories. Prayers for you during theses tuff times. 

Old Greenhorn

I am so very sorry to read this. The loss of a good 4 legged friend is something I have nv=ever found a way to deal with properly and always struck me hard for a long period. I renew that same feeling when I read of things like this happening to friends and very much feel your loss. I am sorry for you and your family but remember what she brought into your lives and perhaps that can make you smile, just a little.
 My deepest condolences.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

barbender

Sorry for your lidlss, JD Guy. I still haven't gotten over having to put down my Lab/Shorthair cross over 10 years ago. What a dog he was!
Too many irons in the fire

firefighter ontheside

Sorry about the loss of your pup.  It's never an easy decision to make, but when you make it you know its right.  
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Jeff

Not easy I know all to well. So sorry.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

CCCLLC

So sorry.  She's a beautiful puppy. 

Nebraska

That stinks sorry for your loss, animals don't have to bear their suffering. She is in a better place now.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

doc henderson

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

samandothers

Sorry to hear you lost your longtime friend and family member.

Bricklayer51

sorry for the loss of your friend its a sad day here too we had our 17 year old german shepard put down yesterday the wife is taken it very hard he was at her side all the time

Machinebuilder

So Sad

I love my GSP's and miss the ones that have passed

Remember the good times
Dave, Woodmizer LT15, Husqvarna 460 and Stihl 180, Bobcat 751, David Brown 770, New Holland TN60A

CCCLLC

Sorry for the loss B51. They do contribute alot in many  ways.

Bruno of NH

Sorry for your loss Sir
It's real tough 
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Thank You Sponsors!