iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

B20 stationary to command post?

Started by TGS, November 26, 2012, 03:25:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TGS

How difficult would it be to move my controls on a b20 to a swing style like the 2000 or completely remote like others? I mostly ask this question for incorporating a drag back and to avoid that eery, shrapnel through the gizzard, thought I get when the carriage buzzing 18 inches from my face.

For those of you with regular helpers, do you even use a drag?

redbeard

Drag back arms would impair alot of needed vision on the b20, you could rig a clamp and bar up to experiment see if reverse can handle it 1xs should work fine 2x & up might be interesting. It would be a bit spendy extending all the hoses and your area of where the stops seems it would create a bottle neck getting the boards out of way for next cut. I have seen pics of larrys TK 2000 using drag back his operation is well thought out. I never really thought about it I dont even know if it was a option for the       B 20s
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

valley

When I first got my b-20 a year ago I talked to timberking and they said not an option thru theme if it was done it would have to be totally fabricated. I've been thinking more along the lines of rigging up something to push the boards forward ,the way I've set my mill shed up dragging back would not be an option.
Have a great day unless you have other plans !!!

Thank You Sponsors!