Previous topic - Next topic

5quarter

Beenthere...

internet punctuation.
looks more
beatnik poetry
daddio...

;D
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

valley

Quote from: ladylake on November 23, 2012, 05:11:47 PM
No problem putting out 2500 bf a day with a helper with my B20 so 300000 in a year shouldn't that hard unless your dealing with a lot of 30"  and bigger logs. Make sure the setworks is working 100% as I'd guess that increases production about 30%  ( 15 turkeys on my front yard right now, they're here most days)   Steve
I love the set works only problem is it doesn't seem to like me at all , I seem to spent a lot of time trying to keep it working right .I think my best day with a helper doing 1x8 siding has been 1800 bf I can cut much more when just cutting timbers
Have a great day unless you have other plans !!!

Meadows Miller

Gday

I have the settworks turned off too and just running of the scale on the B-20 im running valley  ;) I have not tried them yet and should but im sawing all different sort of custom sizes and its just as quick to work it out in my head But ill try them out sometime this week   ;)

tell you something funny most of the mills i have run have had the same setup 20odd buttons for the sizes and 4 different pages you can program different combinantions including special sizes giving a total of  something like 75 different size combinations I look at that litle box on the TK  and and just wonder is that going to be reliable or just drive me bloody nuts if i start trying to use it   :) ???  :D :D

The way I look at the new mill situation you get a good job like this and it will pay for the machine go hammer n tong n pay it out out of the job im just in negotiations to do that with another mill atm and it will be mine free n clear in 6 months its about 60k no banks no Bs either .

Now with this trailer decking i think you could be onto a good market there give afew trailer manufacturers a call as i notice alot are using imported timber and you will most likely find that they are buying it in because they cant get what they want at home  ;) ill add Australia uses alot of steel decks and i have not seen a new trailer with a timber deck since the 80s/90s  :)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Leigh Family Farm

Quote from: Meadows Miller on November 24, 2012, 02:12:16 AM
Now with this trailer decking i think you could be onto a good market there give afew trailer manufacturers a call as i notice alot are using imported timber and you will most likely find that they are buying it in because they cant get what they want at home  ;) ill add Australia uses alot of steel decks and i have not seen a new trailer with a timber deck since the 80s/90s  :)

How often do companies replace trailer decking? I ask because you don't want to get into a new market only to remove all the demand in a year or two if the companies only replace the decking every 20 years.

Take the time to learn the computer setworks. Right now you can do it faster in your head, which is great, but maybe your wife and son can't. Learn it together, and soon, I betcha you're producing 2000-2500 bdft a day. Look at it like the slide rule vs. calculator from back in the day. (I don't have a good analogy right now because its early so make one up that proves my point!  :D :D :D)
There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

Meadows Miller

The question I think is how many Flatbed and Low Boy trailers are licenced in the USA every year  ??? a bloody lot imho and with the economy being the way it is how many large fleets think refubishing a trailer they own is a better finacial option than buying a new one and carying more debt  ;)

Theres one mill i know of in South America which is dedicated to sawing triler decking for the U.S and other markets but the USA is their main market  and the Mill is producing at about 40000bft per day from memory  I only read about it the other week while trawling the net ill have to try and find it again now  :)

Timber is a global market and there are alot of people importing stuff into their own countries that could be done locally I got offered a 250000 to 300000 bft a month job sawing pine for decking now this company brings in that every bloody month from Chile and its not really about price as they offered me $1.50 a bft dried and dressed!  and thats untreated as they have their own treatment plant the markets are there its more about quality and consistancy of supply but even then they would prefer a local sawmill to supply them  ;) i just said I would get organised to do some of it for them over the next 12 months  ;)

Regards Chris

Tree Feller

Quote from: valley on November 23, 2012, 03:25:15 PM
Quote from: Tree Feller on November 23, 2012, 09:38:49 AM
Congratulations on the huge order. You are gonna be busy for a while.

Now, I have a request. Could you use punctuation, please? It's really difficult to read your posts without it.
Request noted I went back and read my post and I see what you mean will work on it ,my kids laugh at me because I sit here with two fingers pecking this stuff out

Thank you.
Cody

Logmaster LM-1 Sawmill
Kioti CK 30 w/ FEL
Stihl MS-290 Chainsaw
48" Logrite Cant Hook
Well equipped, serious, woodworking shop

valley

Quote from: kilgrosh on November 24, 2012, 07:35:39 AM

How often do companies replace trailer decking? I ask because you don't want to get into a new market only to remove all the demand in a year or two if the companies only replace the decking every 20 years.

Take the time to learn the computer setworks. Right now you can do it faster in your head, which is great, but maybe your wife and son can't. Learn it together, and soon, I betcha you're producing 2000-2500 bdft a day. Look at it like the slide rule vs. calculator from back in the day. (I don't have a good analogy right now because its early so make one up that proves my point!  :D :D :D)
I feel like I'm pretty fair using the set works, it just seems like something is always happening with it.I took the time today to clean all contacts and pins ,cleaned upper sprocket and sensor ,readjusted sensor to 1/16 still not working. I removed the sensor and discovered it has a small scratch in it I can feel it with my fingernail so I'm going to order another one Monday hopefully that will take care of set works problem for a while

valley

Gday

I have the settworks turned off too and just running of the scale on the B-20 im running valley  ;) I have not tried them yet and should but im sawing all different sort of custom sizes and its just as quick to work it out in my head But ill try them out sometime this week   ;)

tell you something funny most of the mills i have run have had the same setup 20odd buttons for the sizes and 4 different pages you can program different combinantions including special sizes giving a total of  something like 75 different size combinations I look at that litle box on the TK  and and just wonder is that going to be reliable or just drive me bloody nuts if i start trying to use it   :) ???  :D :D

The way I look at the new mill situation you get a good job like this and it will pay for the machine go hammer n tong n pay it out out of the job im just in negotiations to do that with another mill atm and it will be mine free n clear in 6 months its about 60k no banks no Bs either .

Regards Chris

valley

Quote from: valley on November 24, 2012, 09:33:00 PM
Gday

Regards Chris
Oops hit the post button before I posted lol what I intended on replying is I am sure that it is a large market and I am defiantly going to peruse it will just have to see how it goes . We have been praying for that " nitche" everyone talks about and this just may be it this guy I'm cutting this for also owns a trailer repair dept. and he called today and was talking about selling the flooring thru the shop as well, the order I have rt now is for some of his trailers ( about 150 of em ) and that's a very small percentage of theme

Magicman

After you make a post, look at the top right corner.  There is a "Modify" button that you can use to correct any errors in your post.  Just click on it.

Also before you make a post, especially with a "quote" in it, click the "Preview" button and scroll up to see what your post will actually look like.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

ladylake

Quote from: valley on November 24, 2012, 09:30:21 PM
Quote from: kilgrosh on November 24, 2012, 07:35:39 AM

I feel like I'm pretty fair using the set works, it just seems like something is always happening with it.I took the time today to clean all contacts and pins ,cleaned upper sprocket and sensor ,readjusted sensor to 1/16 still not working. I removed the sensor and discovered it has a small scratch in it I can feel it with my fingernail so I'm going to order another one Monday hopefully that will take care of set works problem for a while

If your running the TK cord reel your setworks won't work all the time, my sensor is scratched and almost fell off once and the setworks still worked good with a industrial cordreel  .  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

valley

trish and i had a great day getting started on the oak   

Meadows Miller

Gday

Thats not a bad looking log there Its a 14 footer is it from the looks of things Mate ;) ???

Regards Chris

ladylake

Looks closer to 16', bunks are 3' apart.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

valley

Quote from: ladylake on November 27, 2012, 06:13:12 AM
  Looks closer to 16', bunks are 3' apart.   Steve
It was 16 ft 6" Yielded 376 bf I think it was a lil more than the tk wanted but was just one of those yard cleaning days

Meadows Miller

Ahh I was working on the cautious side then  :) ;) :D I thought it was 16' but second guessed myself  ::)

I notice that with the one im running but they will still do it when pressed to though ;)

Thank You Sponsors!