iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bushhogging and other Fun Stuff

Started by Magicman, September 09, 2016, 08:18:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

IO, IO, and off to the farm I go.  It looks like I have a couple of days this week and most of next week off (between saw jobs) so I have to take advantage of them. 

Bushhogging, road clearing, some Walnut logs to buck and skid, & some deer food plot readying.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sandhills

Well thanks to my wonderful wife I got a new computer for our anniversary so I can bother all you folks again!  Magic I hope you have a great time playing, er, working at the farm  :)

Czech_Made

Quality tractor seat time  smiley_thumbsup

What are you planting?   I tried sugar beets and turnips for the first time this year.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

At this time, its so dry, the ground is like a rock. The grass and weeds are dead and a bush hog would probably start a fire.
Getting ready for food plots here? Good luck.
Road clearing here....not bad. D-4 with AC.  :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

I got about ¾ of my bushhogging done, nothing else.  I do not have any sawing scheduled until a 90 mile road trip sawing framing lumber beginning on the 19th.  Hopefully nothing will come up to prevent me from spending most of next week at the Tree Farm.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Magicman

I'm back.  My plan is to finish bushhogging and food plot disking and planting.

Magicman

I only got stung once by a yellowjacket this afternoon so I guess everything is normal.  Tomorrow should be a good work day.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Roxie

Quote from: WDH on September 14, 2016, 08:29:14 PM
I don't relish yellowjackets.

I agree.  They are best served with mustard alone.   :)
Say when

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

I finished all of my bush hogging and subsoiling today.

Jeff will recognize the Strawhouse in the background.

Tomorrow I will disk and plant.

newoodguy78

Nice work Magicman. Nothing like a little bit field work, it's good for the mind. Is that a 30 series John Deere you have.

Magicman

It's an old 1530 which was only manufactured about 3 years in the early 70,s.  I think 45hp.

Magicman

I got everything disked, but the rains came and shut us down.  You can not plant seed in the mud.  I'll be sawing next week and the forecast looks good for next weekend, so we will plant then.

Marty and Ben cleared the road that was blocked by the Champion Tree limb. 

And left me a nice stack of firewood.  There is too much uncertain weight on the remainder so we will let nature take it's course.

Thank You Sponsors!