iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lunch with a Goat.

Started by Jeff, December 16, 2015, 05:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hilltop366

I thought perhaps you guys came to Halifax Nova Scotia to have lunch @ the goat's restaurant!

Good show guys!

isawlogs

Jeff may think I have an accent, but that is not the case.... I have none, just ask anybody.  ;D
    I am fluent in my mind   smiley_smug01

Marcell   :)

I said ...  Post- on not Pass-ton  ::)  :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

trapper

I think it would be good to interview some of the older members like pineywoods  before we lose them like we just did with wwjsr.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Darrel

The stubborn old goat has a gastropub. . .
Hmmmmm. . .
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

OneWithWood

I finally forced myself to sit still long enough to listen.  So glad I did!
Excellent work Jeff and David.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Jeff

I went and looked for the post that I mentioned about the click bug in this podcast, and finding the answer I was looking for on the Forestry Forum.  Holy smokes, I thought it was a few years ago. It was clear back in 2001! No wonder I didn't remember the details so clear. It wasn't Dang that had posted the answer I found, it was Tom, and it was Bibbyman that had posted the original question.

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,348.0.html
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Roxie

That's funny!   :D  Time sure is flying by. 
Say when

Texas Ranger

Jeff, you had the answer with your discussion with Tamera, you need to record the old timers for the future of the forum, lots of good stuff available.  That is a click beetle, not bug, to an entomologist there is a big difference.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

samandothers

Listened this morning.  Enjoyed the stories related to y'alls experiences. So many people experience different things it is fun to hear the different ones.   Podcasts are good and I look forward to hearing from others and their experiences.  I also enjoy hearing the different accents adds to the experience.

Great idea Jeff!

jmouton

so  jeff  i guess a podcast has no pictures eh,,,  i am not very technoligically  advanced  dont really know about mp3 s  or havent figured out how to post pic s yet ,,,,,but this is pretty  cool what you have done ,,

jim
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

SwampDonkey

Big smile here listening to Jeff and Dave. Great idea.  8)

And bye the way, I have seen foxfire. It was when I was kid and in warm summer. We often drove bicycles at night, especially moon light. We stopped by an alder grove that had a lot of dead stems with the glowing fungus. We took some back to our tree house which was not far away at my uncle's. After the dead wood dried out (a few hours) the glow was gone. Never have seen it since in the woods, and that was probably 36 years ago. So very rare. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

tonich

Very good, Jeff!
Quite enjoyed the interview.
Keep up the great work!
:)

grweldon

Still listening now, but I like it very much!

I'll continue to call him David... unless he irritates me, which he's been known to do!

;D
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: grweldon on December 21, 2015, 01:13:59 PM
Still listening now, but I like it very much!

I'll continue to call him David... unless he irritates me, which he's been known to do!

;D

:D :D :D :D :D Good 1 Glenn.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Ron Scott

~Ron

thecfarm

Yes,it was neat. I really enjoyed it!!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

yukon cornelius

I finally listened. I loved it and I look forward to more of these! it is neat to hear the story of how you found the forum.
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

drobertson

As usual, slower than molasses in February, might be an old saying? anyway not sure how I missed this topic header, but good for a laugh or two,, fun stuff, and Jeff does make a good talk show host,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Migal

I've been internet limited for awhile now but came out tonight and found this right out the gate's,it,you,and both are amazing!
Stihl learning and picked up my Log Master LM2 Cat 34hp 02 21 12! 230MF+ the toys that go with it! MS361 MS271 Stihl PB500 Echo 48" LogRite 16ft Bass Tracker Pro' Abua Garcia 5600 bait caster, Wood working equipment' Lake Lot never enough time! oh don't forget the fridge with ale! Loving Wife Rebeca

Scottasheppard

Well I'm am proud to say I know this old goat very well and have known him for many years.. I can honestly say David Poston is one of the finest men I've ever  known. We have done a lot of business together over the years. And had a lot of fun. We watched each others children grow and he stood beside me like a true friend in a nasty divorce. David I love you like a brother even tho u are old enough to be my dad LOL..... To be serious tho David help me start and sale a very lucrative firewood business and has given me the best advise when I asked about buying my very own sawmill he set me up with Woodmizer and my LT15 Wide with power feed will be here in a week or so. And to clear up the goat nick name.... who ever gave to him should know he works LIKE a mule and is STUBERN as an old Goat....  LOL
Sincerely Yours.... Porkie
Aka Porkie

Mooseherder

Does he embarass you when you guys go to lunch? :D

thecfarm

Now that is a real nice thing to say about someone.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

He ain't that bad if you overlook his foibles. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Well I ain't gonna look at um.  :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

You gotta OVERLOOK them foibles.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com