iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mini forwarder

Started by jaybe_2, December 07, 2015, 10:21:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaybe_2

I bought both of mine for scrap price! when scrap was high I bought the skidded for 1500 the price was low when I bought the forwarder one and I only payed 700. I have a good friend  that owns a scrap yard and he calls me any time he gets a piece of equipment in that he thinks I might be able to use. there are a lot of them out there but finding a cheap one is getting harder. any time I see one that looks like it's been sitting for a while I will stop and see if they want to sell it but every time so far it's been no

rasman57

That is some first class fabrication.  Looks like a production unit.  Nice work with a purpose too!

Hackermatack

I heard about a Vermeer that a guy was trying to get $3500 out of if anyone is interested I can try to get more information. All I know is it is a Vermeer and it is somewhere in VT.
Jonsered 2230, 590, 70E. Kioti DK 35 /w fransguard winch. Hudson Oscar 236

lopet

Those old trenchers sell anywhere from $ 500 to $ 5000 at Ritchie Bros auctions. 
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

Pine Ridge

You did a great job , I wish I had one !
Husqvarna 550xp , 2- 372xp and a 288xp, Chevy 4x4 winch truck

motohed

I know this is an old post , but dude you missed your calling , you should be building these for the resale market .

mike_belben

Where can i find small rotator grapples like that? 
Praise The Lord

DMcCoy

Very nice, clean looking build!  Looks professional enough with a few decals and some dirt n scratches you could call a JD salesman to help you 'figure out what you bought because you need some parts'.  If you get in the mood to pull someones chain.   :)

jaybe_2

grapple came from brownfield equipment in brownfield ME. I think it was around $1800 dollars.

mike_belben

Thanks!  Was that new or used? With or without the rotator and swing link?   

Im hoping to get one thatll grab a 30" log
Praise The Lord

Splitter Man

Wow! Great looking forwarder

jaybe_2

The grapple was new with the rotator. It will grab a 30 in log but I think if you are going to be doing a lot of big logs I would get the next size up. I think it was only a few hundred dollars more.

John Mc

The only question on my mind is, "when are you going to make one for me?"
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

711ac

I also got a grapple/rotator from them about a year ago. With the rotator it was about $2400, Bill Thoms is the owner there. http://brownfieldequipment.com/Inventory.aspx?new=1
There is also Hud-son in NY http://www.hud-son.com

mike_belben

Any pics of this beauty in the woods yet?
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!