iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I'm in need an oak board

Started by dave7191, August 14, 2006, 07:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dave7191

I have ran out of pitman arm blanks and don't have anything ready to use  was just wondering if any of my fellow ozarkins might have something . the stuff the lumber yard had i left there it look like it was pine it had so many knots any 2x lumber will work as long as it clear and straight grain  ;D ;D i know just ask'in for the moon  :D :D

beenthere

Do you have access to any oak trees, or even a good limb that is pretty straight and can have the ends fitted with the hardware. Access to a sawmillers slab pile? 
Could split out an 'arm' from a log or slab with an axe or wedge, to get the straight grain (even if it is not straight, at least it will be strong). Green won't matter.

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Larry

Used to make em for the most popular mowers.  Ash and hickory last a lot longer...especially iffen your mowing something like red clover.  Needs to be air dried.  Pine or some of the others will last maybe...2 minutes.

Sorry...quit sawing blanks as most have went to the rotary mowers.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

dave7191

Larry the air drying is why i asked for oak i was hoping thet bibby or bro noble or arky i know i leaving several members out that live  in this region but their more appt to have oak 2by something that blanks can be made out of i tried to make one but only think i had down long enough to maybe work wasn't big enough to get a good clear pice out of

Norm

If you get up to my neck of the woods (central Iowa) I've got 3x3 white oak that you can have. How long do they need to be? If not too long I'll ups you one for the cost of shipping.

Bro. Noble

Dave,

Come down anytime,  we should be aboe to fix you up ;D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

dave7191

Bro Noble thanks for the offer but I think I'LL let Norn let brown bring it to me I wish I'd relized just where you folks were at i might have drop in and visted a few minutes. a month a ago I was at Willow Springs  to pick up a billy I'm going to use over some pymgys
Dave

Thank You Sponsors!