iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Buckley Michigan Old Engine Show

Started by Shotgun, August 21, 2006, 04:36:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shotgun

I attended the 39th Annual Buckley Old Engine Show in Buckley Michigan this past week and met some Forestry Forum folks there. The show consists several hundred acres of show, recreational vehicle/tent camping, and parking. It's a great show and worth traveling a bit to see.  There are dozens of steam engines, hundreds of old tractors and cars.  Theres a  sawmill, a shingle mill, a veneer mill, and a threashing machine, all powered by antique steam engines. There are a number of live demonstrations going on, including boot making, a blacksmith, printing presses, and others. There's also a huge flea market, and lots of food. Everyday at 3:00 p.m. sharp, there's an hour plus parade of old tractors and steam enginesof all types imaginable.

The Buckley Old Engine Show Blacksmith is Darla Edwards, wife of our own Ernie Edwards. She does all types of smithing, including farrier work in the surrounding area. They live fairly close by. She's very tallented, and their building was one of the busiest places at the show.

Here's Darla busy demonstrating her trade.

Darla and Ernie near the forge. (Check out Ernie's hat)

One of the many old steam engines.

It was a great show and fun to meet up with Darla and Ernie there.

Norm

Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

iain

Is that Darla's portable forge?

i've got lots of pixs of the west park steam fest
just need time now the gallery is back up

iain

iain

just a quick post to see what happens

iain

SwampDonkey

That would be nice to see. I live so far away.  ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ernie_Edwards

iain,

Not too portable, but the chimney is,as it is hers from the forge at home. I built the brick forge for the club last year and still have to do the chimney. Darla liked the brick forge so well that it is now on the to do list for her shop at home.

It was great seeing Shotgun there and Ron Scott came by also, the next day. Jeff usually get to come by the show and demo some dragsaws but wasn't able to this year.

Great show with record attendance each of the 4 days. Over 40,000 people on saturday alone.

Good to finally relax today, Darla is recuperating from 4 -ten hour days of hammering, and I am tired from just watching her.

Norm, thanks for the pics.

Ernie

Ron Scott

Yes, the largest crowd that I've seen at the Buckley Old Engine show.

~Ron

Furby

I forgot about it or I would have made it up there this year.
I think my Uncle made it up there though. ::)

Thank You Sponsors!