iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Dante's Inferno - Tiskilwa, Illinois style

Started by whitepe, October 08, 2011, 11:25:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitepe

Just got home at 10 AM CST.  Left home at 4:30 PM responding to a MABAS fire dept call at the train derailment site in Tiskilwa, Illinois.  Our department was relieved from the scene at 8:30 AM and had arrived on scene at 6:00 PM last night.
I am estimating that so far over 60 fire departments from the entire half of the state of illinois have been involved and the number keeps growing
It was a scene out of Dante's inferno as 9 of 26 derailed cars were carrying ethanol.  We were one of 25 tankers hauling water all night long
the estimate was that as of 8 AM 500,000 gallons of water had been pumped onto the scene and pumping is expected to continue for another 12 to 18 hours.  OSHA and NTSB officials on scene too.
Over the last two years,  everyone in our department has taken the NIMS (National Incident Management System) training to get our dept certified.   Boy did that training pay off.
Early this morning,  they were expected to start moving the cars with heavy equipment provided by Hulcher services.    

story here.  I am sure there are many others as well.   google it

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-tiskilwa-train-derailment-20111008,0,6042103.story
blue by day, orange by night and green in between

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

SwampDonkey

That sure is a lot of water squirt'n. Must be one huge mess for sure.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

whitepe

pictures from the scene.  sorry.. lousy cell phone camera.

Jeff

Perry, the code for placing ther photos in the post is located under the photos. It is forum policy to use the galleries to hold the photos, and only the photos that will be relative and placed in the post, rather then just uploading photos and linking to an album.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

whitepe

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!