iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

chainsaw mill pics

Started by johncinquo, November 05, 2004, 12:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johncinquo

Just came across these from last summer and thought I would shrink and post em here.   Using my Alaskan III chainsaw mill and my lil 046.   Didnt want to get the longer chain to go on the 066 for an experiment.   The wood is Elm, I had about 5 trees dead in my yard.  Was told it was probably Dutch elm disease that killed em.  I am hoping fresh wood is easier to work with than this old dried out stuff.  Made some slabs and some posts, no idear what I'll do with as of yet other than a new flower bed.  

To be one, Ask one
Masons and Shriners

Fla._Deadheader

Them's nice pics. Don't care how that Elm is, there ain't NO way to make easy use of it. ;D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

rebocardo

I made flower beds for my wife and she really loved them. Actually, once done I kind of liked them too ;-)  

I found putting rebar in front of the boards to hold them straight once filled with dirt worked well and they sell little mushroom caps so if anyone one falls on the rod, they do not get a spike in their head and become Rodman.

Pete J

It looks like a nice return on your efforts. Let us know how you make out on some good wood. Elm is tough for any mill.

Furby

Thank You Sponsors!