iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Turned down a Poston Widehead job today

Started by Nomad, July 29, 2018, 05:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nomad

Or any other wide head mill, for that matter.  Not sure if this is about jealousy or envy.  One or the other.
     Went to look at a job this morning for a guy who said he had nine oak logs, 28" to 34" diameter, that he wanted slabbed.  Okay, I'll check it out.
     Turned out his "logs" were from 12" to 16" long, and he was really looking for cookies.  Too wide for my 'Mizer, and way too small to be practical to hold with my slabber.  But for somebody with a mill could handle that, easy money!  Okay, I'm done grousing. :D
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

POSTON WIDEHEAD

You gotta a hand saw don't cha?

😂😂😂😂😂😂
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

goose63

I have a 2 man saw I can let ya use you on one end and a goat on the other end  ;D  :D
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

WDH

12" to 16" long AIN"T logs.  They is firewood :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

trapper

I was on the end of a 2 man mercury once.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Nomad

I told him to find a tree guy with a chainsaw.  What I was really thinking was a couple of splitting wedges and a maul.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Sixacresand

I recently got excited and quickly disappointed about the offer of some 18" cypress logs.  I was expecting diameter and the proud owner was referring to length.  I milled two of them into 3/4" boards for his birdhouse projects.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Thank You Sponsors!