Sponsors:

Sawmill satisfaction poll

Started by Jeff, November 29, 2003, 10:18:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wes

ORANGE chainsaw & ORANGE sawmill

MrMoo

Kirk_Allen

My minor complaints with my WM were cured during my last visit.
1. Logs would hang on the dogs:  
Solution - WM now has wheels and stainless covers for the dogs!  WOW what a difference.

2. Blade guide system failed to stop the blade from downward drift.
Solution - WM has a new Blade guide system that works great!

I would only go to a bigger WM with both Yellow (65 hp cat) and Orange!

Although I am open minded I have not been convinced that any other band mill is better overall than a WM.  

Hope that statement doesnt upset anyone.  Its just my personal observation and opinoin.  ;D

SawInIt CA

I am happy with Orange but would like to add a swinger to break down the big ones.

woodmills1

Propose new category:  Have orange won't change but might add something else. :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Sven Christiansen

Gee... Some of you guys have me blushing...

And those 20-some of you that don't own a mill... We need to talk!

Sven Christiansen
Wood-Mizer

Keltic

I don't have a mill, interested in experiences with LT 15 or Norwood, thanks FMK

Frickman

I voted that I would keep the same mill, Frick circle. However, I would like to add a second mill, a portable bandmill.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

Corley5

I agree with Frickman.  I wouldn't think of giving up my Corley #5 but an orange bandmill on wheels ;D would sure be nice
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Stan

Ok Sven, to open negotiations, I'd be willin' to take one of your mills, if'n you were willin' to take one dollar.  ;)
I may have been born on a turnip truck, but I didn't just fall off.

SawBilly

I have a red one...and it pulls the boards back to me, true one man operation !!! and it didn't cost as much as that big orangey one with the fingers on it.

Sven Christiansen

QuoteOk Sven, to open negotiations, I'd be willin' to take one of your mills, if'n you were willin' to take one dollar.  ;)
Since we're negotiating, I'll take your dollar and provide you a photo of a mill...

Now, if you want a functioning mill, I'll need a few more dollars...

Sven Christiansen
Wood-Mizer

ronwood

The gentleman that I do most of my sawing for has a Kasco bandsaw, Lucas 6 in. and he just bought a Corey with a top blade. With all those saws he still keeps my Woodmizer busy.

Sven,

I will trade you even LT40HG25 2003 for that LT70   :D :D :D
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

Sven Christiansen

Hey guys,

Just thought I should tell you to make your serious offers quickly ;).  Tomorrow (Friday) is my last day at Wood-Mizer. I'm going to try something completely different.

Always remember, stay orange!

Sven Christiansen
Wood-Mizer

Tom

Well Sven, I hope that if you take the logo off of your profile you will not leave the Forestry Forum.  Regardless of what it is that you try next, there is always a seat here next to the stove. :) :)

Sven Christiansen

QuoteWell Sven, I hope that if you take the logo off of your profile you will not leave the Forestry Forum.  Regardless of what it is that you try next, there is always a seat here next to the stove. :) :)
Just because I'm leaving WM doesn't mean I'm no longer orange...

And I'll certainly hang around here.  You guys are, uh, fun...

Sven Christiansen
Wood-Mizer

ronwood

Sven,

What is your new adventure going to be?
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

Jeff

He'll be here. I got his home address and Nobles got dead armadillos. If he comes up missing for to long a time, well send him a welcome back note. ;D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bibbyman

Well, Sven, (or Seven – as I've heard it pronounced by some of your Wood-Mizer friends at the home office. ;D ) ...

I'm glad you're going to keep hanging out here.  You've not made hundreds of posts but you've made a lot of valuable ones where they counted. I hope someone in WM picks up the chore of giving us the "official" WM response.

Good luck on your new adventure and remember... If you need help,  counseling, or just a recipe for grits,  you know where to come.  Collectively,  we know everything and what we don't we can make up.

Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Ed_K

Jeff,  I need line # 5.

Wouldn't change manufacturer's but I WANT a bigger mill :D.

I was happy with my mill, till I tailed for a friend with a big TimberHarvester 8). I do like the blue mills tho :D.
Ed
Ed K

isawlogs

Sven,...
  Good luck on what ever adventure your going to. Hope it works out for you .
    Bonne chance.....  
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Fla._Deadheader

I'm sure y'all have noticed, that all the sponsors on this forum are NOT but-in types, but, very friendly and always willing to throw in some very useful advice, AND, always trying to help with any problems.

THAT'S what Sponsors should do, and Sven, even though "Homey" ain't Orange, It's good to read the ideas you provide to others. Thanks
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Kevin_H.

Hey Sven, Good luck in what ever you are doing, Sure was nice to know that someone from WM was reading this forum.

Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

ARKANSAWYER

What I need is two more heads for my WM.   I need one without the band stuff and add a large chainsaw bar like 80 inches long that I could saw slabs with.  Since there is not any thing on one side then it could stick out there.   Then another head with a swing blade set up that rides up and down my rails.  That would allow me to do power poles and not cry so much about the nails.  I could park the heads I do not need on the extension and use what will do the best job.  The hydralics would really help and I could still be portable.   Just think I could sling, slab and saw all on the same log. 8) 8) 8) 8)  Maybe I should submit this Ideal to WM.  Just remember that you heard it here first.
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Bibbyman

I've always thought a small fabrication/machine shop could make a good business building upgrades and mods for Wood-Mizer mills.

But Arky, I've got one question about your multi-head WM idea – How do you plan to park two heads on the extension when you use head #2 or #3?   ???
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94