iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Firewood Sellers Beware

Started by Gary_C, February 17, 2021, 11:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary_C

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

DeerMeadowFarm

What in the heck is this world coming to?  :(

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

jmur1

Crazy days out there.  Be safe fellow wood folks!
Easy does it

repmma

And he'll most likely get a slap on the wrist, out in 10 with good behavior.
Thomas 8020, Timberjack 225C, Ford 5030 with Norse 450 winch, stihl saws and 142 acres to manage.

Brandon1986

Last year I was waiting to drop my deliver truck off at a mechanic to get its annual inspection..  I was at a street corner outside the truck stretching my legs waiting for my wife to show up (as the shop is several turns down a road and is easy to get lost back there) when this ratty old chevy rolled up.. The guy looked like a meth head rolled his window down looked at me and shouted "YOU WANNA GO?" Confused, I asked if he was talking to me.. He flipped me the bird drove down the road, whipped a brody drove back and put the truck in park and began to get out like he was going to fight.. At this moment I saw my wife on the highway about to turn off the highway and come up on this scene.  I decided that I had to definitively solve this little situation in the next few moments before my family got to that disaster in progress.  I reached behind the seat of the old International dump truck I drive and grabbed my Mossberg Shockwave that accompanies me on my firewood runs, jacked a round in the chamber and yelled at him to get back in his truck forget whatever strange beef he had with me and leave before he gets perforated.. Thankfully he wasn't drugged out beyond his gourd to push that issue and he quickly got in his truck and left before my wife showed up.. Kinda tense there for a second, but it was a good reminder why I carry..

Sauna freak

When you're on your own, there is no 911.  People are nuts out there, and you never know when you'll find the boss crazy.  Several years ago, my wife and I were camping at a Natl forest campground up near the divide on Route 16 in the bighorns.  Pretty sure we interdicted a kidnap/rape.  Walking to the outhouse late at night (there were bears about), we heard a commotion in a campsite and a woman asking for help.  2 guys were holding her down, and a third walked up to me and gave me the "what are you looking at, mind your business" line.  At that point, the lady was able to pull free and ran off into the dark, and the other 2 "gentlemen" became very agitated with me (the wife was waiting on the paved road in the darkness some 15 yards behind me) and basically said I was about to die.  I said "you first" and produced my bear medicine, a .41 mag blackhawk, to prove my point.  After noticing my wife had quietly flanked them on the left and was peering over the sights of a 9mm from around a ponderosa pine, their urge to fight faded away quickly, and they got all polite and apologetic.  They quickly packed up and left, while the woman and her cousin who were camped in another site joined us at my friends' campsite, that just happened to have 2 patched Hells Angels hanging out with them and drinking a few beers.  The bad guys had headed down the mountain with their bikes by now, but the Angels knew who they were rolling with and knew their bikes.  Don't know if the sheriff ever caught up with them, we couldn't get a call out until sunrise, but pretty sure they had a bad Sturgis.
Sauna... like spa treatment, but for men

barbender

Hahaha a bad Sturgis, I hope they did! Please take care if the Bighorns when you up there, those mountains belong to me 😁 A friends dad told me a story of a truck driver getting weird with him on the highway, cutting him off, blocking him and such. The truck pulled over and he pulled in behind it. The driver jumped out and came charging back armed with a piece of pipe, friend's dad jumped out with his 44. He said he just remembered the "ting ting ting" of the pipe bouncing off the pavement when the trucker dropped it, turned tail and ran!😂😂😂
Too many irons in the fire

SwampDonkey

Weird stuff for sure. I've been all over the continent and never had anything like those instances or even close. I've been in parks, restaurants, stores, gas bars. The only irate person I can remember was some gal from probably 2 states away in a Canadian grocery store bad mouthing about getting Canadian change after paying cash with US bills. I think some us in line were saying, this ain't a bank lady. Oh she was *pithed. :D :D "What am I going to do with this (Canadian change)? I was thinking, spend it! Some people thinking they are above others and acting below them. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Wudman

I had an experience at the gas pump at the Pilot Flying J outside of Petersburg, Va a few years back.  I had stopped to get gas.  The fuel filler is on the driver side of my pickup.  I had a car pull up to the island to my right and the passenger got out and walked across the nose of the car headed my direction as the driver exited and came toward the rear of my truck.  Not wanting to be trapped between the truck and the gas pump, I stepped forward to clear the pump as I reached back to my hip.  I locked eyes with the guy coming toward the front of my truck and he stopped, turned and went back to the car.  The guy to the rear acted as though he threw something in the trash can and returned to the vehicle and they left. I'm not sure of their intentions, but I know I was uncomfortable for a minute and quite happy that Mr. Ruger was there as well.  It is a very busy station and there were numerous folks fueling at the time.  It was not a situation that one would expect trouble, but you never know.  This very station had a murder in the Wendy's about that time.  The parties knew each other and that was from an ongoing feud.  

Wudman 
"You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can't kill the spirit of patriots and when they've had enough this madness will end."
Charlie Daniels
July 4, 2020 (2 days before his death)

Technoid

Join the NRA. Fight to keep our 2nd amendment rights strong. The powers to be are trying and plotting to take it all away from us. Leaving us  defenceless against the wicked and thugs.

Old saw fixer

Wudman, Petersburg and Richmond City are two places I don't stop in any more, even strapped. 
Stihl FG 2, 036 Pro, 017, HT 132, MS 261 C-M, MSA 140 C-B, MS 462 C-M, MS 201 T C-M
Echo CS-2511T, CS-3510
Logrite Cant Hook (with log stand), and Hookaroon

Thank You Sponsors!