iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodland Mills HM122 drip control HELP!!!

Started by Rebeldad1, July 25, 2021, 05:46:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rebeldad1

Tried calling Woodland Mills but no reply back from Tech support.

My drip control needs help.

If nothing comes out I can take the hose off the valve and nothing comes out. If I fiddle with the bottom nut and tube I can get it to work for a while then it stops.  I either get nothing or too much then nothing. 
The bottom of the control valve has a  short threaded metal tube with a cap on the bottom. You can remove the cap and it does nothing. 
    The tube screws into the valve body and has a nut on it. I can unscrew the tube till its really loose then fluid comes out.
There is no inbetween.

How does this work and adjust?

Thanks for help in advance!!!

btulloh

It gets a bit of debris in the tank through the breather hole. Just a few pieces of sawdust can clog the needle valve. Even when it's not clogged it can be finicky because a slow drip out of the needle valve has to travel through the curvy tubing down to the nozzle. 

I put a piece of fine mesh over the breather hole to keep sawdust, bugs etc. out and it helped a lot. I also re-plumbed it and moved the needle valve down close to the nozzle, so most of the tubing was completely full of lube.  Works much better.

To clean the needle valve as it comes from WM you have to unscrew the whole thing from the fitting on the tank.
HM126

kelLOGg

Is there room to install a small in-line filter? That's what I have.
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

rusticretreater

I leave the valve wide open.  I then got a hose line pincher (Harbor Freight has a Fluid Line Clamp Set for $8.00) to control the flow.  I installed this between the transfer block near the motor and the fitting near the blade.  It is easily adjustable from the operators position.

https://www.harborfreight.com/4-piece-fluid-line-clamp-set-65116.html
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

woodland84

Ok I removed the flow control valve that came with the mill and added a ball valve. This works well.

Thank You Sponsors!