iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stihl chainsaw bar interchange

Started by Bob Rooker, March 04, 2014, 09:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Rooker

Will the same bar fit on a Stihl 090 and 075?  I realize I need to have the same gauge on the bar and chain and if the bar has a sprocket nose I need to use the same pitch on that and the sprocket on the chainsaw power head.  Also, will the same sprocket fit on these two saws?  Thanks!  Bob R.

sawguy21

The bars are interchangeable. The sprocket rims will also swap but if memory serves me right the drums won't.
BTW, welcome to the forum.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

clww

Welcome to the Forestry Forum. :)
Any of the large mount bars will interchange, as well as the sprockets.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Grandedog

Howdy,
All of the 14mm stud slot bars won't interchange between the two models. You need to purchase a bar that has 2 sets of adjuster holes.
Regards
Gregg
Gregg Grande
Left Coast Supplies LLC
1615B South Main Street  Willits, CA 95490
888-995-7307  Ph 707-602-0141                   Fax 707-602-0134  Cell 707-354-3212
E-Mail  gregg@leftcoastsupplies.com   www.leftcoastsupplies.com

Grandedog

Howdy,
Something came up and I had to cut the previous post short. What length bar were you looking for?
Regards
Gregg
Gregg Grande
Left Coast Supplies LLC
888-995-7307  Ph 707-602-0141                   Fax 707-602-0134  Cell 707-354-3212

Bob Rooker

Bob Rooker

I am getting conflicting answers, here.  I was hoping not to have to take bars, chains and sprockets off and physically see if they interchange but I guess that is what I will need to do in order to find the right answer.  Thanks for you time.  Bob R.

Grandedog

Howdy,
Sorry you feel conflicted. When you're ready, we have the bars you need from 50" to 84" in stock. If you have a rim and drum system on both, then the drive rims will interchange. If there's a rim and drum system on your 090, treat it nice because they're getting scarce. Whether you have rim and drum systems, or spur type sprockets on your saws, the drums will not interchange.
Regards
Gregg
Gregg Grande
Left Coast Supplies LLC

deerslayer

The 3003 mount fits up through the 066/MS660. The 3002 mount fits the saws like 088/MS880 etc. The Stihl 070/090 have their own mount. The slot is the same size as the 3002 mount. Many of the large mount bars sold now have two sets of adjuster holes in them and thus will fit either the 3002 saws and the 070/090 saws.

I had a 41" 3002 mount bar and drilled it out myself to fit my 070. (I think I had to put another oil hole in it too but don't recall without looking at it)
Too many chainsaws, not enough wood.
Stihl, Husky, Craftsman, Mac, Homelite, Poulan. Some live here, some just passing through.

Bob Rooker

Grandedog, I don't feel conflicted.  The answers I am getting are inconsistent and conflicting.  Actually, I feel fine.  Just a little disappointed with the conflicting answers I have gotten.  I might be in touch when I get ready to purchased a bar for my 090.  I'm sure you are on the internet and your site will come up when I begin my search.  Bob R.

sawguy21

Not really conflicting. The Stihl 3003 mount will fit most models up to the 066/MS660. The 3002 mount fits the later 088/MS880. The earlier versions used the same mount as the 08S, 050/51, 070,075, and 090 which is getting scarce. As deerslayer observed, the difference was the adjuster hole. If you can't locate a bar, use the 3003 or Oregon D025 and drill a second hole.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

deerslayer

Quote from: Bob Rooker on March 06, 2014, 09:30:55 PM
Grandedog, I don't feel conflicted.  The answers I am getting are inconsistent and conflicting.  Actually, I feel fine.  Just a little disappointed with the conflicting answers I have gotten.  I might be in touch when I get ready to purchased a bar for my 090.  I'm sure you are on the internet and your site will come up when I begin my search.  Bob R.

You are getting conflicting answers but listen to Grandedog as he knows his bar fitment. to simplify and summarize, the 075 and 090 do not take the same bar. It is two different mounts. This was said previously.

The two mounts have the same size slot so either one can be adapted to fit the other by adding holes for the adjuster.

Many new bars with this size slot have both sets of holes right from the factory so those bars are a multi-fit application.
Stihl, Husky, Craftsman, Mac, Homelite, Poulan. Some live here, some just passing through.

Bob Rooker

Deerslayer, Also said previously,"The bars are interchangeable."  I'll know for sure when I take them apart, then I will know what to order.  Thanks to everyone for their time.  Bob R.

deerslayer

Well, I don't know how to explain it any more clearly so I guess just lay some side by side so you can see the differences.

Thank You Sponsors!