iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Band mill blade source

Started by Blaszer, December 17, 2018, 07:13:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blaszer

Im sure everyone has their favorite suppliers,,  Lets hear who yours is....

PAmizerman

I've only ever used woodmizer bands. I'm sure there are other great suppliers out there just never tried anything else. I sent my bands back to WM resharp and never had any problems with their bands to make me wanna switch. So I stuck with them.
Woodmizer lt40 super remote 42hp Kubota diesel. Accuset II
Hydraulics everywhere
Woodmizer edger 26hp cat diesel
Traverse 6035 telehandler
Case 95xt skidloader
http://byrnemillwork.com/
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter
and a lot of back breaking work!!

New sawyer

I have only used Timberking blades and have had great luck with them .
Life is what you make of it. You own your own decisions.

Tom the Sawyer

I set and sharpen my own bands so I was able to buy and evaluate 7 or 8 different brands, that's why I use Kasco Woodmaxx bands.
07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.
If you call and my wife says, "He's sawin logs", I ain't snoring.

petefrom bearswamp

Woodmizer, woodmaxx, cooks, timberwolf in that order.
All good some better than others.
I say woodmizer first because it is my preference and I use re sharp
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Magicman

Wood-Mizer in that order, and I use their ReSharp.  ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Dana Stanley

What about Lenox? Thats what came with my mill and it cut great untill I cleved off 4 teeth. I then put on WM blade and it didn't seem to cut as good on the same wood.
Making Sawdust, boards and signs.
Woodland Mills HM-126
Kabota B-7800 with backhoe and loader
Ford Ranger, Husqvarna 455 20", Mac 610 24", other chainsaws 14", 23 ton log splitter
Matthew 3:10

ROUGH CUT

Dana,  I have used a Lenox blade from Fastenal and liked it. My favorite is a Duratooth from Cook's Super Sharp.  No blade is good if it's dull.
It's not how you get into these things, but how you get out of them.

hopm

Lenox...buy from Baker Products

gmmills

I switched from Woodmizer to Kasco blades a few years ago.   My source for purchase of Kasco blades is forum member Cutting Edge.  
Custom sawing full-time since 2000. 
WM LT70D62 Remote with Accuset
Sawing since 1995

nybhh

+1 for (4-degree) Kasco from Cutting Edge. I always enjoy chatting with Richard and he is super knowledgable and extremely helpful.  
Woodmizer LT15, Kubota L3800, Stihl MS261 & 40 acres of ticks trees.

bandmiller2

I have tried many brands all have been good. If I have a choice it would be Timberwolf I get very long life from them and never had one brake. A lot is loyalty when I was designing my band mill Timberwolf owner Art spent a lot of time on the phone helping me. Truth be known all of the major brands of bands are good and if kept sharp and set right will give good service. Try as many as you can each mill seems to like one above all others. If you don't sharpen your own you are more restricted, but that works too. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Bruno of NH

I use Ripper 37's they cut great for me and I get many sharpening out of them.
Same price per band no matter how many I buy. Great service too
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Wintergreen Mountain

I get my Lenox Woodmaster-C blades from Pipe's Saw Shop. $15.80 ea. for 19 blades.         13 feet long.
   They sell Wood Mizer Silver-Tips and Simonds Red Streak blades also.

Leon
1920 Ford 4x4 tractor, forks & bucket. 2010 36" Turner Mills band mill. Cat-Claw blade sharpener. Cat-Claw Dual Tooth Setter. Cat D3 crawler dozer. Cat 215c excavator, Ford L9000 dump truck. Gardner Denver 190 portable air compressor. KatoLight 40Kw trailer mounted gen set. Baker M412 4-head planer.

kenfrommaine

I also use Ripper 37's seem to hold up good and price and shipping is good.  

WLC

Have only used Woodmizer blades and resharp through my local dealer.  No complaints at all.
Woodmizer LT28
Branson 4wd tractor
Stihl chainsaws
Elbow grease.

beav

W mizer since '85. They cut fine but on occasion have tried to cut clamps, side supports and stuff

JB Griffin

Kasco, from Cutting Edge. Tried a whole bunch of blades from WM, Cooks, Lennox, Monksforsager, Simonds and the Kasco's were by far the best, and you won't find better customer service than what Richard at Cutting Edge Saw Services delivers.
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

Rachiano

Here you see how a Baker mill leaves others in the dust with a Kasco blade fine tuned by Cutting Edge....Sawmill Shootout
Rachiano

WM LT70
WM EG50
Werklust WG25 Wheel loader
DAF 2100 HIAB truck

PAmizerman

@JB Griffin what degree, thickness, width of kascos do you like? I saw mostly hemlock
Woodmizer lt40 super remote 42hp Kubota diesel. Accuset II
Hydraulics everywhere
Woodmizer edger 26hp cat diesel
Traverse 6035 telehandler
Case 95xt skidloader
http://byrnemillwork.com/
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter
and a lot of back breaking work!!

ladylake

I used to run Simonds until they changed them, since the I've tried Dakin Flathers ripper 37. Lennox and Kasko.  I think the Dakin Flathers will be my new blade as the cut the straightest. I might give Lennox 3/4 pitch a try.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Blaszer

Thanks to everyone for the input!!

boardmaker

Not sure if my googlefu is off today but I cannot find Cutting Edge's website.  Anybody have a link to share.  And if you use them, what blade size, thickness, etc. do you use?

JB Griffin

Quote from: PAmizerman on December 19, 2018, 10:23:38 PM
@JB Griffin what degree, thickness, width of kascos do you like? I saw mostly hemlock

I run 1.25"x .045" 7/35s. For my mill and what I saw its the best fit.
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

JB Griffin

Quote from: boardmaker on December 21, 2018, 09:19:14 AM
Not sure if my googlefu is off today but I cannot find Cutting Edge's website.  Anybody have a link to share.  And if you use them, what blade size, thickness, etc. do you use?

Cutting Edge Saw Service, LLC - Portable Sawmilling and Sharpening Services located in Rockport, WV

Thank You Sponsors!