iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Special Chainsaw handle, cutting small stems standing upright

Started by KBforester, July 25, 2011, 08:54:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

forestry mick

sprucebunny

New model. The first one was awkward and the throttle didn't work well.
The Apuri website no longer has English on it so I don't know what the "real thing" costs now....
I made this one out of part of a walker, some other chunk of aluminum I got at the dump, some plumbing fittings, hose clamps ....

It's not as heavy duty as it might be. If it's really useful, I'll make a tougher one  ;D
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Paul_H

Looks good Joan and it would still function as a walker  smiley_old_guy
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

sprucebunny

I tried it yesterday and added the ankle stop feature like my first contraption had. Used it again today and it works great ! Cleared a little along a trail today. Don't think it would be good with snowshoes on and they are still needed up here.

The whole handle weighs around 2 pounds ( guessing ) since it's all aluminum.

I've been looking at clearing saws but even used, they cost too much. I might rent one and see if it's good for what I'm doing.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

beenthere

SB
As a big help on the back, look into a harness like used with the brush clearing saws. That will carry the weight on your shoulders and save the back when using your new frame.

But think you would really like the clearing saws for the purpose you have, also with the harness.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!