iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wood pile getting bigger

Started by Firebass, May 02, 2007, 11:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firebass

Thought I'd post some photo's of my sawmill progress.  I've recently learned that big logs are way faster to cut than the fire wood logs I got most this lumber from.

Sure is fun to run.
Firebass

thecfarm

Good job.Those big ones do add up alot quicker.Plan on building or selling?What kind of wood is it?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Burlkraft

Nice job......

Looks like ya got the mill all tuned in and cuttin' like a dream..... ;D ;D ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

brdmkr

Firebass, no truer words have been spoken about big logs.  The big ones are the ticket for swing mills.  It looks like you have it figured out!

I don't know if that is where you plan to dry the lumber or not, but if it is, you may want to use a few more stickers.  I try to put stickers at least every 2 feet.  Having plenty of stickers and plenty of weight on the top can't be stressed enough.  It really does make a difference.

Keep those pics coming 8)
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Firebass

Quote from: thecfarm on May 03, 2007, 08:15:42 AM
Those big ones do add up alot quicker.Plan on building or selling?What kind of wood is it?
I'm Building Mostly.  This is all Douglas Fir.  I bet after a year or two you have lumber in every corner of every space you have.   I'm one of those that has a problem throwing things away.  I just try to remember it was firewood in the first place.   It's amazing how you can take a log that looks like at best good firewood and turn it into pretty darn good looking lumber. ;D

Steve

Dan_Shade

the trick is to keep the lumber from the firewood pile from going back into the firewood pile after it dries.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Thank You Sponsors!