iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Skid road bridge building?

Started by David_c, October 13, 2005, 10:09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Johnson

I did not want to start a new thread, so thought I would revive this one.

These photos are of the typical type of portable bridge structure most operations are now using on all weather

After either building cribs or setting down sill logs (preferred) the bridge is moved into place.

Both halves are lined up and joined together and the center gap is covered with a steel strip to prevent mud and gravel from falling into the watercourse.

The bridge is finished off when curb logs and/or guardrails are in place and delineators are placed on the end of the bridge.

These bridges are designed to handled at least 80 ton loads and come a variety of lengths, with 30, 40, and 60 foot being most common around here.
Bill

ely

i used an old army truck bed for a bridge. it was 12 feet long or so and all i did was fold down the tail gate, then torch the sides down in the front of the bed and fold that end down with the bobcat. i just left the 8 inch tall sides up on the bed rails. they are hinged if a person wants a wider bridge you could fold them out and weld them in place.

anyway it was fast and it holds my skidsteer up with a load of logs on the forks.

Thank You Sponsors!