iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

CutCo Products?

Started by LOGDOG, April 06, 2012, 09:46:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LOGDOG

Has it bit you a couple of times?  :o Doh!

wheelinguy

I wouldn't know what to do with sweetgum, never seen it or heard of it until I joined the FF?  Besides I think you would need a pretty big box to send me a tree, but like the commercial says "if it fits it ships". :D

LOGDOG

Sweet gum grows like a weed in the South wheelinguy. It has these little balls that are about an inch and a 1/4 in diameter that are covered in points/spikes .... they'll make a real mess out of your yard. About the only good thing I've ever seen anyone do with sweetgum is this family right here. I thought this turned out great....

http://treehuggerwoodfloors.com/sweetgum_sustainable-tongue_groove_floor.htm

Magicman

I have a Lansky setup, but the most handi-dandy knife sharpeners that I regularly use come from an Arkansas manufacturer called Smith's.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

LOGDOG

I found both the Lansky and the Smith's sharpening systems at Academy the other day. Magicman ... is there a reason you prefer the Smith's?

36 coupe

You can pick a good sharpening stone on a salt water beach.No need to spend big money for magic knives.Some have harder steel than others.Old Hickory and Green River are good brands.

WmFritz

We've had a butcher-block set of them for at least 25 years, maybe closer to to 30. I've never sharpened my serrated blades either. I remember mumbling about the cost for the first few yrs. But have been very happy how they've held up. Worth every penny. smiley_thumbsup
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Chris Burchfield

My mom has a set she's had for 20 years.  Never needed to be sharpened she uses them so little. 
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

Magicman

Here are the two Smith sharpeners that I regularly use.  Both use the crossed carbide and crossed ceramic pieces. 

The pocket unit on the left also has a diamond coated "steel".
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!