iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husky C85

Started by SkeeterKev, November 30, 2020, 12:46:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkeeterKev

Anyone using this chain?  Is has been out for sometime now.
I noted it cut very good straight from the box; has a little hook at top of grind.  Grind is very fine and quality appears high.
I noted the drive link is 0.058" and the ties are 0.050".  Seems to me Oregon had 0.058 ties also.  So Kerf maybe a little narrower?
I am using the C83/C85 roller guide, works well but I noted the file only settles into the gullet after sharping a few times.
Kevin

outinthewood

Yes been using it for well over a year now and found it to be perhaps the best out of the box chain I've used. It keeps an edge well and even after damage , I cut a lot of windblown timber so lot's of grit and stones, it comes back well without too much work. It is also available in .050. 

Just edited this as I'd put .063 instead of .050 duh !

sawguy21

Is that the way it came out of the box? That grind looks too low.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Spike60

Selling quite a lot of this chain now. Many customers asking for it over the Oregon. Some won't try something different, and stick to Oregon, which is fine. And of course there are guys who cut with either one without having a preference. But the important thing is that nobody who trys the Husky chain says they don't like it.

C85 is .058; and C83 is .050 gauge. No skip yet, but it is coming. Full chisel .325 is also going to arrive at some point.
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

SkeeterKev

Yes this photo is out of the box.
Thanks for updates.  Seems like a good chain to me, I like the fact I can get the roller guide that is made for this chain; helps me keep my file up and I like the depth gauge tool also.

ehp

I'm not even sure if we can even get that chain here. They are still selling the H47 and H48 chain here

SkeeterKev

Cost me $37 for a 68DL loop.
I seen a new 562 that had it installed.  I think all the new saws will have it now.

ehp

ya dealer had some when I was in there, only 68 drivers and they said now none of the huskies coming in will have this chain of them , Guess there is a shortage of this chain 

old guy

My 572 came with c83 and it is indeed very good stuff.

Thank You Sponsors!