iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cut patterns with accuset?

Started by fred in montana, February 04, 2011, 09:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred in montana

I was looking at one of my Woodmizer catalogs and it said the accuset can cut patterns. What do they mean by that?
woodmizer lt15, mf 65 tractor
logdovetailjig.com

AvT

I think I know what you are thinking but its not that.... pattern mode lets you program 6 differnt increments from the bed up.  for instance if you want to cut one inch boards and leave a 10 inch cant on the bed you would program the first 5 increments at 1" and the sixth at 10".  I think you can save up to 16 patterns in accuset
Wannabe sawyer, Cord King M1820 firewood processor Palax KS35 Ergo firewood Processor, 5403 John Deere, Bunch of other farm equipment,   LT70 Remote Woodmizer.  All good things but the best things in life are free.. If you don't believe me.. hold your breath for 2 minutes

Bibbyman

This is a little dated but here is some stuff about programing Accuste in The Knowlege Base.

https://forestryforum.com/cgi-bin/tips/tips.cgi?display:1048179042-18739.txt
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

backwoods sawyer

"TIME SAVER"

When cutting in pattern mode, just before the head clears the end of the log on the return trip bump the down lever and the saw will settle right in at the next cut position as you engage the auto clutch and start the next cut.
I find when running the Cooks mill with a scale, that landing on the right mark may take a couple of bumps to hit the mark. The accuset 2 on the LT-70 is a real time saver. 
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

Bibbyman

Here is a link to another Accuset post that shows a poke by poke instrctions for programming the new Accuset 2 version.

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,37598.0.html

There are a couple of pages of replies and more diagrams to help explain.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

fred in montana

Thanks for the replies. Bibbyman, I read through your linked post. Very informative.

Cold! It was -20 here a few days ago. Some places were colder than 35 below zero!
woodmizer lt15, mf 65 tractor
logdovetailjig.com

woodsy

I saw it was -55 in Glasgow the other day. Burr. 

I use to live in the Bitteroot Valley and spent a fair amount of time during the winter in the mountains around the Big Hole area.  There were some just downright cold, cold days in the Big Hole.
LT40HDG38, Logrite T36 log arch, 42 hp Kubota, 6 foot cross cut saw, lots of axes and not enough time

ARKANSAWYER

The good thing about the pattern mode is if you get carried away and forget where you are going it will not go below the bottom setting.  When cutting cants or boards of a certain width it is a handy feature.  I have one set so that when I am cutting pine 1x's I do not have to guess where to start the head.  Just go up to just above the log and bump down and it will drop to the right setting to get all boards to the bottom.
ARKANSAWYER

Thank You Sponsors!