iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

blade size for lt 40

Started by pacodog, June 28, 2005, 10:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pacodog

purchased used lt 40 i was lookig at works fine.ordered some new blades from menominee saw .ordered 13 foot 2 but will not tension up is this not the right size for this machine . thanks

Tom

13'2" is the correct length.   A 7/8 pitch blade has 158 teeth, if you want to check it.   It should tension.  It could be that your hydraulic tensioner needs some oil.   If it is low, it won't push the ram out far enough to move the bandwheel. :)

woodmills1

do your self a favor call woodmizer tell them you bought a used one and get a customer number, they will be good to you.  then buy some regular 10 degree set for pine blades.  they are marvelous. 8)
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

KILROY

Pacodog,
Congratulations on your new sawmill.
If you have the hydraulic tensioner, than follow Tom's advice adding more fluid.
You can run blades that are a little bit longer than 13' 2". On the back of the cutting head. There is a plate with I think six bolts. Slide that plate over and just put four bolts back. This will give the idle wheel assembly more room. I once got some blades that were to long and this allowed me to use them.
Good luck with your sawing.
You came to the right place if you have any sawing problems. If you have any more questions just ask. I am sure somebody can help.

ronwood

pacodog,

This might be a silly question but did you measure them to verify that they where the proper length. If so I would also suggest that you look at the tensioner. Also how are your V belts on the drive and idle wheels.  Not sure if that has any effect.

Ron
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

pacodog

hi guys called menominee saw today about blade problem terry told me that a woodmizer blade is acualy only 13-1.he said he has numerous complaints of this problem so when ordering blades from them order 13-1 i was told and they will work. good luck everyone

Thank You Sponsors!