iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

the weather 2020

Started by thecfarm, January 01, 2020, 08:52:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Just clouds here, no rain at all. Cousins are watering garden today to. I think it hit 74F today.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

chevytaHOE5674

Cant remember the last time it rained here. Temp is 97 degrees currently (was 86° at 7.30am) and the wind is gusting to 35mph. Driest I've ever seen June UP here things are turning brown and withering away, which is more of an August thing around here.

hedgerow

I think they said on the news the other night we missed the all time record for days above 90 degrees in June by one day. We have had a very hot and dry June here the rain keeps going south and north of us. Corn and beans are looking pretty good at this point but if we don't get some rain in the next week or two we are going to be in trouble. 

thecfarm

Still a raining here!! We need it. We had 2 full days of rain.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

A-z farmer

We are getting showers and storms rolling through here the last 4 days now .We are catching up on growing degree days at 800 and usually at 870 by now .We have had 14 inches of rain so far this year and usually have 21 by now and crops are starting to grow .July and August are our dry months so time will tell how it turns out .

goose63

HOT HOT HOT with a heat index of 104  whiteflag_smiley
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

doc henderson

hot and windy, my burn barrel is overflowing.  I actually took the old 76 ford state truck to the landfill with old rotten logs.  going through everything, making real firewood and camp wood for friends and scouts.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

thecfarm

Still raining this morning.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Sedgehammer

108° heat index forecasted for here today, so not too bad. We are dry though. Was a dry spring. Have been irrigating for over a month. Usually don't need that till about now. Not much rain forecasted. Luckily we had a good drenching a week ago or there'd be fire bans and no works of fire for the 4th.
Necessity is the engine of drive

SwampDonkey

Dry as a bone here. There was a mist down river this morning in the woods, but all that did was make the trees wet again all day. Never had a drop at the house and 85F this afternoon. AC is on. ::)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Not raining and sticky out there. Things will grow now!!!

SwampDonkey

I do have baby cukes and maters, coming on this week. I think by next weekend, will be eating the first cukes. Gotta put the water to the garden this weekend, gonna put on some Miracle grow to.

woodroe

A few days of rain and damp was a blessing after a month of hot and dry.
Corn and Tomatoes got a bump up and will plant some pole beans at the base of corn
stalks in a few days. Happy gardener since it rained for days. 
Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

thecfarm

Kinda odd, I've been putting the water right to the garden and I mean a lot of water. I have 40 gallon a minute when they drilled down 140 feet. So I can  water the garden for 3-4 hours at a time. We just had almost 2 days of rain and things have doubled in size.  ???  Maybe rain water is better than well water??

Sedgehammer

Quote from: thecfarm on July 01, 2020, 09:32:23 PM
Kinda odd, I've been putting the water right to the garden and I mean a lot of water. I have 40 gallon a minute when they drilled down 140 feet. So I can  water the garden for 3-4 hours at a time. We just had almost 2 days of rain and things have doubled in size.  ???  Maybe rain water is better than well water??
Yes, better. Typically not the much though. Lighting breaks down nitrogen molecules into atoms rust mix with oxygen forming nitrogen oxides. If you had a thunderstorm, that's most likely the cause. Even if you didn't, it can happen high up. 
Necessity is the engine of drive

sawguy21

Anybody got plans for an ark? It has been unseasonably cool and very wet, a lot of the logging roads and landings are impassable. What is left of the cherries are being harvested, I am told the apple trees are full of blight. Next week's forecast is sunny but below seasonal temperatures. Between that and covid things are not going well, a lot of businesses are folding. :'(
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Old Greenhorn

Sorry man, it's been a fairly typical June here, some hot days, some cooler, afternoon t-storms, some rainy days. A little of everything and not too much of anything. Guess it's just not your year.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

SwampDonkey

Quote from: thecfarm on July 01, 2020, 09:32:23 PM
Maybe rain water is better than well water??
Of course it is. So isn't creek water. :)

Afternoon thunder crackers here, but it's back into the 90's. Houlton, Maine (and CBC radio) has been saying 70's through the weekend and even today. It's way hotter than that. :D I had to take off the floating fabric off the squash, and when I did it was 20 degrees hotter under there, bugs was dead in their tracks. :D

Strawberry yield is way down this year, spring frost and bone dry weather.

My garden still looks damp from the watering and stuff has jumped. Squash should be in bloom next week with all this heat. Gonna water again this weekend.

thecfarm

62° and a light breeze and moisture in the air makes it feel cool. 
Got warm here yesterday too,90°.

SwampDonkey

Was 58F here, had to close some windows in the night, cold east wind blowing in. :D

Old Greenhorn

Warm here this morning, 76 already, but so far it has been one of those days that feels like it could start raining at any minute. The radar says otherwise with small showers passing on both sides, but none for us. OTOH, this is also the type of condition where it could rain lightly and never show on the radar, like 2 days ago. The back lawn really needs mowing, hope it dries enough. Very humid at 85%.
 I'll be in the shop working on a tomato stake display, then mow if I can.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

farmfromkansas

It has been dry here in Kansas, most days upper 90's, think Tuesday up to 104.  
We were getting dry, kind of worried about the soybeans, but still busy cutting hay and crops.  Had alfalfa down, was planning to bale it this morning with some dew on it, wet as rags now.  Have to wait a while on cutting the oats, thought they would be ready to thrash today.  We got a little over an inch last night, some guys at the coop said 2".
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

btulloh

Dry here. Dust. Had a few spotty showers that seem to make weeds and grass grow but nothing going in the ground. 
HM126

SwampDonkey

I put about 100 gallons of water soluble fertilizer on the garden tonight, got another 50 gallons slated for the smaller garden. Then another 140 gallons straight water for the berry crops. That goes on tomorrow. ;D

Hoping string beans go into blossom mode next week. They are right there for sure. Want new beans with them garden taters to come on at the same time. My mouth is watering for new taters and beans. ;)

51cub

63 and clouds now. Going to be sunny and mid 80s as the day goes on. A little rain the last few days hasn't changed this part of NH being in moderate drought
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

Thank You Sponsors!