iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

1st day of Dove Hunting.

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, September 01, 2014, 09:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Sorry....nothing to report. It was so DanG hot today, there was NOTHING flying.....and I mean NOTHING!  >:(
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Oh no, I'll bet Paul was disappointed.  It was crappy hot here too.  I do not believe that Marty/Sons even went.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on September 01, 2014, 09:57:21 PM
Oh no, I'll bet Paul was disappointed.  It was crappy hot here too.  I do not believe that Marty/Sons even went.

Yep he was sad......and back to school tomorrow  >:(........but we'll get 'em.

I see lots of breast in my future.  ;D

WmFritz

You saw nuttin flying cuz the birds are still here in Michigan.   sling_shot
Seems like I've seen more doves the last few weeks then I can remember.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

drobertson

Just the homies flying around here, pretty warm here as well. I sure miss the days back in Carolina, we hunted the Camden area quite a bit, great hunting, sure miss those days with my dad and his buddies.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

timberking

Slow here in the piney woods.  Heading west in a couple weeks and should melt the barrel.

Texas Ranger

Timberking, we used to hunt in Wilbarger County, near Vernon, till the land owner died.  Miss those open/mesquite hunts.  Particularly the mesquite grilled dove and steak when the day is done.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

submarinesailor

Poston - I remember dove hunting down around Charleston many years ago.  That was also my introduction to fire ants.   Step on a pile while tying my boot lace.  MISTAKE!!!  But the hunting was pretty good.

Bruce

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: submarinesailor on September 03, 2014, 09:40:26 PM
Poston - I remember dove hunting down around Charleston many years ago.  That was also my introduction to fire ants.   Step on a pile while tying my boot lace.  MISTAKE!!!  But the hunting was pretty good.

Bruce

Red Ants will ruin your day and anything else they get on.  :o

beenthere

QuoteBut the hunting was pretty good.

You hunted down every fire ant crawling up your legs... :D :D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WDH

You randomly and vigorously slap, not hunt.  There is no time to stalk :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

submarinesailor

Peanut gallery at it's finest!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;D

timberking

Yes T. Ranger, that mesquite country is gamey.  Dove kabobs and grilled steak cooked on local wood is on the menu  We will go to Ballinger.  Neighbor just got back from San Angelo and it was outstanding.  Going to try my goatweed patch in Panola Co. again this weekend.  Maybe some of those Michigan birds will show up.

Thank You Sponsors!