iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Official 2019 16th annual PiGROAST RSVP topic.

Started by Jeff, June 03, 2019, 03:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

doc henderson

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Jeff

Mikey H

63 I think.   I'll be there as the EX OFFICIO Wood-Mizer person this year, whatever that means.  Looking forward to the food  meeting all of you and getting to hang out with sawmill people from all over.  See you soon!  
Mike Hanlon
I work for Wood-Mizer in the Sales Department.  I am the Account Manager for 8 of our 15 US locations and I oversee the Christian Missions equipment discounts and donations.
mhanlon@woodmizer.com

Jeff

I suspect a week from now we will have had our first member sightings. This is also about the time i check my weather app 6 times a day. There is a load of pigroast supplies just over my left shoulder as i tap this out. Tammy and her mom are off on another shopping trip. We break our trips up into type of supplies. The pig is the last supply trip, and that culminates here at 4 oclock next Friday where we put him up in his special spa.

A couple pics as I  sit and take a break. The view of the yard, my dog, fox news and a light breeze from the west.

K-Guy

Hi Guys

Good news!! I had my dates wrong. I get to visit the War Dept"s(wife's) family the week after. So I will be able to join the fun at the pig roast. :laugh: :laugh:

Jeff I guess that makes me 64
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

Jeff

Good Deal! You should bring her with. I know she would have a good time. :)

K-Guy

I invited her but a friend is having a birthday party that weekend.
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

Jeff

We've even had birthday parties in the midst of a pigroast. Haven't we @pineywoods  :)

Next year the pig roast will fall on Tammy and my 40th wedding anniversary.

pineywoods

Quote from: Jeff on July 24, 2019, 10:20:20 AM
We've even had birthday parties in the midst of a pigroast. Haven't we @pineywoods  :)

Yep, and a nice one it was. Tammy discovered my wife's birthday fell during the pig roast and arranged an imprompto party complete with custom made cake. Wife got her wheel chair stuck in the loose gravel around the birthday cake table, we had to lift her, chair and all away from the table, but only after she blew out the candles. I think 2013 was the year. Not likely we will ever be able to come again, but that once will always be a favorite memory. Thanks Tammy
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

DR_Buck

For those sitting on the fence looking for another good reason to attend, Kitty will be there with a selection of official Forestry Forum hats.  

8) 8) 8)

Forestry Forum Hats Now Available in General Board
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Resonator

Calling all pickers and players... smiley_guitarist smiley_trap_drummer Violin_smiley

Anyone who wants to try a Michigan Music Makin' jam, send me a PM / meet up with me at the pig roast. 
See you there! (Yes, I did get permission from the Boss man.) ;D
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

WDH

If someone has a bass (can't bring mine on the airplane), I will play it.  I am no guitar player.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

WDH

Think that I will have to pass on the tub. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

I think i said that exact thing to my mom one time and ended up with one ear longer than the other.

Jeff

K-Guy

Nyle Service Dept.
- D. Adams

Crusarius

Apparently your weather guessers are confused about Saturday's weather.

Jeff

Our great lakes can make things difficult forcasting. Our local news covers from us up into the u.p. it can, and most times is, a completely different forcast. When they say chance north, odds are thats not us  i suspect there will be changes before we get there.

Crusarius

Corley5

More often than not the forecast on the news at noon will be different than the one from the morning show.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

DR_Buck

Quote from: Corley5 on July 29, 2019, 10:53:05 AM
More often than not the forecast on the news at noon will be different than the one from the morning show.
:D :D :D :D

Ours are usually different from the live broadcast on TV to what's happing outside at the same  time.   ;D
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

chet

About a week ago the weather channel showed our next day local forecast as in da 80's with 6" of blowing and drifting snow.  ::)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Jeff

@doc henderson and family are in town! They stopped in to say hi and visit a few minutes.  :)

Thank You Sponsors!