iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Official 2019 16th annual PiGROAST RSVP topic.

Started by Jeff, June 03, 2019, 03:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

You should be reserving a campground site now. This is a tourist area, so things can get busy.  On the opening post I think there is a list of campgrounds.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Crusarius

where did the time go? I did not realize it was so close.

Jeff

Quote from: chubby on July 05, 2019, 10:06:31 AM
Jeff I've sent over some hats via UPS for door prizes or to use as you see fit.
Thanks Chubby! They arrived today. :)

DR_Buck

We're at the Countryside Campground again.  As of yesterday they had 10 full hookup RV sites left.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

doc henderson

thanks @DR_Buck , we reserved one of the last two 50 amp hookups.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

doc henderson

we are planning to get there early, and will see the Coleman memorial.  any other suggestions from the old timers on interesting sites to see.  
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Jeff

Not sure what you are up for on time, but the Mackinac Bridge in just two hours from here.  Lots of historical stuff there plus lots of shopping if the Mrs. likes to do that.  Forts, old mill creek and its water powered sawmill. Plus, it is beautiful up there.

Magicman

Pat and I have always spent several days before and/or after the Pig Roast to explore and enjoy the treasures in Michigan.

Birch Run is a huge Outlet Mall on I75 and is also the home of Tony's (the Bacon place).  East from Birch Run and then North on Hwy 83, ΒΌ mile on the left is a very nice RV campground.  North of the campground a few miles is Frankenmuth.  (a must see)

On the West side is Holland, yup, it even has a windmill.  Very nice and also has a nice campground.  North from Holland is the Sand Dunes, light houses, and Traverse City.

Jeff mentioned Mackinac Bridge, but there is also Mackinaw City (very good place to eat a Pastie) and also catch a boat to Mackinac Island.  East from there is the water driven sawmill.

The East side (Sunrise Coast) is also a nice place to visit but only after seeing the above.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Resonator

I'm going to tentatively plan on being at the pigroast, will try my best to be there for Saturday.
I've never been to one of these get together's, will there be any music makin'? ???  smiley_guitarist smiley_trap_drummer Violin_smiley
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Corley5

We try not to tell too many people how nice it is up here.  Petoskey, Harbor Springs are good places to visit.  The drive up or down M119 between Harbor Springs and Cross Village is taken for granted by those of us who live here.  Leggs Inn in Cross Village is a must see.  The food's good too.
  We're not going to make the PR this year.  The estate auction of a local old farmer, tractor collector, character is that Saturday.  These auctions are becoming rare and this one in particular is a must attend for me.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

trapper

If you make it to Mackinac be sure to cross the bridge just for the experience. 
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Shotgun

Shotgun (Norm) and Mrs. Shotgun (Mary) will be there for Saturday.  Make that number  

Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Jeff

trapper

you teasing us with the box with the numbers on it to the right of the roaster?
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

WDH

Don't think that I missed that, too.  No Sir, I did not.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

K-Guy

Looking at the numbering, I get the feeling counting was never a strong suit. ;D ;D ;D
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

Jeff

K-Guy

I wish I could but the War dept(wife) has me going a family function. Ohh Boy!! :'( 
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

Harold

Burlkraft

Looks like Bob and I will making the journey this year.

I guess we make 62

Maybe I shudda got past the first page.

I don't know what number, but we'll be there
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Jeff

Sixacresand

We will start in that direction next week.  Heading up to the  St. Louis  to see the Arch, up the West side of Lake Michigan, South side of Lake Superior, the UP, The Pig Roast and down to The Ark Encounter.  
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

DR_Buck

Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Jeff

ICE CREAM IS HERE! Now we just gotta keep the big guy out of it until the roast. What kind you say? Well the best kind in the world!   Blue Berry Waffle cone!  *we have black Cherry too because Wildflower does not concur with the rest of the ice cream world.

FILE PHOTO> ;D

The polish sausage that we use every year for the boiled dinner is now here too!

Jeff

Thank You Sponsors!